Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1429 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured let's get this started for the new Gen 8. I know many including myself will be interested in this and to see if dealers try to mark them up or not. Invoice/MSRP pricing attached below. With the list below, please post one picture with it. :)

Please copy and paste list:

Year:
4 or 6 cylinder engine:
Your city and state:
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.):
Price before Tax Title License (TTL):
Down Payment:
Price Out The Door (OTD):
Dealer Name (Optional):
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.):
One Picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Figured let's get this started for the new Gen 8. I know many including myself will be interested in this and to see if dealers try to mark them up or not. With the list below, please at least post one picture with it. :)

Please list:

Year:
4 or 6 cylinder engine:
Your city and state location:
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.):
Price before Tax Title License (TTL):
Down Payment:
Price Out The Door (OTD):
Dealer Name (Optional):
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.):
One Picture:
Yup, good post

I thought we'd see something this holiday weekend but obviously Toyota is trying to dust off the 2017 fleet.

And you know the dealers will be adding chintzy BS to add to profit margin.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, we should start seeing this topic getting active with people buying them soon. Getting it a new bump to the top. Maybe an Admin can sticky it. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bought!

Year: 2018
Your city and state: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Trim: XSE V6
MSRP: $38,079
Exterior color: Blue Streak Metallic
Interior color: Black
Price including doc fee and $1000 loyalty cash back (does not include tax, title, etc.): $33,900
Dealer Name: Don Joseph Toyota in Kent, Ohio
Options: Driver Assist Package, Navigation Package, All Weather Mat Set
Pictures have been posted in the Official Gen 8 Camry Picture Thread on 9/15/2017 after 2 month order to delivery.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Price including doc fee and $1000 loyalty cash back (does not include tax, title, etc.): $33,900
One Picture: Wish I could, waiting for it to be built!
WOW, sincere congrats - that should be awesome! :smile: From everything I've read you got an amazing deal so soon after its release, enjoy it in the best of health for many years!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, what a deal!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Alright, so here's how I did it. I contacted several dealers in Northeast Ohio through the edmunds.com site after I built my car in the configurator. Classic Toyota in Mentor offered me invoice plus a $701 charge that Toyota imposes on dealers to cover advertising and fuel for the new car. I was quoted that price initially with no negotiation. Since Mentor is about 45 minutes from my place, I really wanted to buy from the closest dealership to me, Don Joseph Toyota in Kent. I had stopped in there several weeks ago and already had a sales guy lined up. I emailed him the quote from Classic Toyota and asked for him to beat it. He wouldn't give me one, insisting that I tell him what I wanted to pay for the car. I said I would be in there this afternoon to sign papers if he could get rid of the $701 Toyota charge, I would pay invoice, and would pay the doc fee of $250, which I thought was fair. He accepted and I went up there after work. I also got the $1000 loyalty cash since I own a 2012 Camry SE V6. Had it not been for the great quote from Classic Toyota, this never would've happened. Most quotes I received from other dealers were in the MSRP to the $1500 under sticker range. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on the new car. Yours are next!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nice and a good benchmark for the rest of us ... like I said before, the build site changes weekly with colors and options and now it says the Driver Assist Package "with options" includes Navigation?

Standard driver assist is just 50 state tree hugger emissions and bird's eye?

All I know, if I get one with everything minus black roof and red interior ( 4 or 6)

Every push button on that panel on the left better be filled!

But is that possible?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice and a good benchmark for the rest of us ... like I said before, the build site changes weekly with colors and options and now it says the Driver Assist Package "with options" includes Navigation?

Standard driver assist is just 50 state tree hugger emissions and bird's eye?

All I know, if I get one with everything minus black roof and red interior ( 4 or 6)

Every push button on that panel on the left better be filled!

But is that possible?
There are only two option packages on the V6 model. The Driver Assist Package (birds eye only $1050) and the Driver Assist Package with Options (birds eye and integrated nav $1990). It means that the nav is not a stand-alone option. There will still be two open spots on that panel even with all options.

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
Not a bad price at all...did you have any other PIOs besides the mats? IIRC, Toyota does let you change your mind on those options for a longer period of time until the car's Monroney is finalized. For the factory options, the period is less (Once the car gets to the assembly line).

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone trying to find a Camry with certain options, Toyota has 10 different sales regions and two being the private distributors (GST and SET), so each region are likely to order their Camrys differently than each other, so best to try different zip codes that are linked to the different regional offices.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/determining-your-region-for-toyota-deals
https://priuschat.com/threads/toyota-sales-region-map.62941/

Priuschat said:
TOYOTA/REGIONAL OFFICES:

• Boston (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI) 508-339-5701
  • New York (NY, NJ, CT) 973-575-7600
  • Central Atlantic (PA, VA, WV, MD, DE) 410-760-1500
  • Southeast Toyota (NC, SC, AL, GA, FL) 954-429-2000
  • Cincinnati (MI, OH, KY, TN) 513-745-7500
  • Chicago (MN, WI, IL, IN) 630-907-0150
  • Kansas City (ND, SD, NE, KS, IA, MO) 816-891-1000
  • Gulf States Toyota (OK, TX, MS, LA, AR) 713-580-3300
  • Portland (AK, WA, OR, ID, MT) 503-493-4900
  • Denver (WY, CO, UT, NM, AZ, NV) 303-799-6776
  • San Francisco (Northern CA) 925-830-8300
  • Los Angeles (Southern CA) 949-727-2700
Also, the state of Hawaii is strictly done by Servco Pacific, which owns almost all the Toyota dealers in the state

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not a bad price at all...did you have any other PIOs besides the mats? IIRC, Toyota does let you change your mind on those options for a longer period of time until the car's Monroney is finalized. For the factory options, the period is less (Once the car gets to the assembly line).
The car I want has no other options besides the ones I listed. As I was comparison shopping this car, I was shown vehicle spec sheets for two blue/black Camrys that were awaiting assembly. One VIN was the one I want and the other VIN was speced the same, but had the bumper appliqué on it. I did not want the appliqué, so I told my dealer to try to grab the car without it. I was told that when the car is built they will hopefully be able to grab it and get it shipped to them instead of having to locate it after delivery to another dealership.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
wow the more

The car I want has no other options besides the ones I listed. As I was comparison shopping this car, I was shown vehicle spec sheets for two blue/black Camrys that were awaiting assembly. One VIN was the one I want and the other VIN was speced the same, but had the bumper appliqué on it. I did not want the appliqué, so I told my dealer to try to grab the car without it. I was told that when the car is built they will hopefully be able to grab it and get it shipped to them instead of having to locate it after delivery to another dealership.
Wow, the more you post the smarter we all get on the car wars sales game.

I would have never guessed the rear bumper place matt would be installed at factory thus making the middle man dealership pay more for the car, and then he adds more BS to us third-party folks.

There's got to be a better way of new car shopping.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
wow the more

Wow, the more you post the smarter we all get on the car wars sales game.

I would have never guessed the rear bumper place matt would be installed at factory thus making the middle man dealership pay more for the car, and then he adds more BS to us third-party folks.

There's got to be a better way for new car shopping.

1 - 20 of 1429 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
340 Participants
got-rice
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing