Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1498 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I spent a few hours today trying to trade in my 20,000 mile kbb excellent condition 2015 SE, still under warranty. $11,800 or some such nonsense figure. Seems like they also just hit a wall at $2000 under MSRP on LE and LXE's I was looking at, no one would even think about lower than that. The sales people told me they are selling brand new 2017's off the lot for around $17,000 OTD, so they basically didn't want or need my shiny happy 2015. Was really liking the new 2018, but I wasn't about to turn over my 20k 2015 SE + $11,000 for an LE...just didn't feel good about it.

When should we expect 2018's to sell like normal cars...I have never paid above invoice for a car in my life.

Paul
I would suggest emailing as many dealerships as you can in your area and ask them to provide you with their best quote on a new LE/XLE. You can cover way more ground and save a ton of time by doing that vs. visiting them all in person and wasting 3 hours a pop. You may want to use the "contact dealers" function through a website like edmunds, auto trader, or cars.com, that way the dealers know you are definitely comparison shopping. Once you get your quotes, you can start pitting them all against each other. Work your way down the list by emailing your lowest quote to the highest quoted dealership, then email the lowest quote to the second highest quoted dealership, etc. Once you get your best price, keep in mind that since you already own a Camry, there is loyalty cash back until 9/5/17. $500 on LE/SE models and $1000 on XLE/XSE models. By using this method and by qualifying for the $1000 rebate, I ordered my XSE V6 at $750 under invoice.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I spent a few hours today trying to trade in my 20,000 mile kbb excellent condition 2015 SE, still under warranty. $11,800 or some such nonsense figure. Seems like they also just hit a wall at $2000 under MSRP on LE and LXE's I was looking at, no one would even think about lower than that. The sales people told me they are selling brand new 2017's off the lot for around $17,000 OTD, so they basically didn't want or need my shiny happy 2015. Was really liking the new 2018, but I wasn't about to turn over my 20k 2015 SE + $11,000 for an LE...just didn't feel good about it.

When should we expect 2018's to sell like normal cars...I have never paid above invoice for a car in my life.

Paul
Wait it out or go CarMax for second opinion and see if numbers jive a little better.

Last thimg you want to do is let dealer know you really, really, really want this car
(Mind the Spice Girls Pun)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Deal got killed wife found out no XM radio. I did not know you needed the audio package back to the drawing board. If MPG was not an issue I could get a great deal on a 2017 Avalon.
The audio package adds $1800 to the MSRP ($1602 Invoice). Could be worth it. Everything I've read about it from reviewers says the sound is great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's what I requested now. Funny when you build on the Toyota site some of packages are only available on certain color vehicles. Says audio package in the wind chill I have to get black leather.

·
straight cash homie
18,814 Posts
That's what I requested now. Funny when you build on the Toyota site some of packages are only available on certain color vehicles. Says audio package in the wind chill I have to get black leather.
Could also be that there's no availability of any Camrys in the New York Region that are configured that way. Or that they don't build them like that at all.

It can always change though, and the dealers will know what they can or cannot get. They can always contact the Toyota region for special orders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too would like to know where to find invoice prices, can't seem to google my way to anything that doesn't contact a dealer...and I swear to gosh, as soon as I hit enter on any online form, my phone rings within 30 seconds from a dealer!

Is $22,730 a good price for a 2018 LE with the normal $25,105 MSRP...that's after "incentives"? Not seeing enough paid for prices here to determine how much more I should beat the dealer up for.

Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say that price seemed too good to be true. The only other rebates besides the $500/$1000 loyalty cash are $750 for college grads and $1000 for military appreciation. Hopefully your dealership doesn't get audited by SET or Toyota for giving away those other rebates if you don't officially qualify. At least it's their butt on the line, not yours.
Scratch that about discounts I didn’t qualify for.. The earlier quote includes $750 discount that I will receive for financing through Toyota and the $1K owner loyalty discount for my current Toyota truck. I put a $500 deposit down over the phone today and will sign all the rest of the papers on Monday. So I think the price is roughly $1k under invoice, but didn't really check yet. The only accessory I included in the quote is the rear USB ports. I left out the overpriced floor mats at $300 because I can get them OEM on eBay for $100. That brought the MSRP to just under $38K. The dealer is also almost out of 17's. They literally have less than 10 left.

I have another buddy who has to drive a V6 before he buys from the same dealer. I asked for a package deal and they were open to it by bringing in another buyer. I wanted to go ahead and secure my deal so I didn’t wait since I am getting the predawn mica and it has to be built. I can still use the referral/package deal still if he signs within the next week. I figured the package deal would be better used for accessories like window tint, mats, wheel locks or illuminated door seals since they are low cost to the dealer and I would get them anyway at some point. He gave me a delivery estimate of roughly 8 weeks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went up to Wilmington to take a test drive yesterday and wound up purchasing this car for delivery 25 August (my birthday). I got the Wind Chill White with the Macadamia interior. I told the salesman (all of 22 yo) that I wanted all the electronics they have in it but not the 800 watt sound system. We took a lengthy drive and it was very smooth. We/ I checked various items like lane monitoring, pedestrian no-kill zone, HUD, birds eye view. It has the lag in acceleration that my 2013 has but I'm used to that. Otherwise it was as smooth as silk. It has a 31B931 VIN.

Year:2018
4 or 6 cylinder engine: 4
Your city and state:Wilmington, NC ( I live Fifty minutes south)
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.):XLE
Price before Tax Title License (TTL):$34,616
Down Payment:$1000 + trade minus payoff = $7105 ($10,500 trade-in on 2013 Camry)
Price Out The Door (OTD):$36,105 (includes tax, tag, title, processing & documentation
Dealer Name (Optional): Toyota of Wilmington
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras: Audio package, driver assist package, carpet mats, paint protection film (hood and door), panoramic glass roof, phone cable and charge package, special color, toyoguard platimum.
One Picture:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is $22,730 a good price for a 2018 LE with the normal $25,105 MSRP...that's after "incentives"?
Paul
Don't believe the price shown as invoice price on some websites. They are all in cahoot with dealership businesses and they get commission if you go through them.

I am also looking to buy a 2018 Camry LE. I have a personal information that the Invoice price for the 2018 Camry LE is $21,960, (MSRP $24,000) but I don't know if it is correct or someone is trying to bamboozle me. Add $885 delivery charge into it.

If your price is after rebate, I think it is too much.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,453 Posts
Deal got killed wife found out no XM radio. I did not know you needed the audio package back to the drawing board. If MPG was not an issue I could get a great deal on a 2017 Avalon.
Get an Avalon. MPG is not everything. The Avalon is much more comfortable, roomier, smoother and much nicer appointed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 2018 Avalon V6 XLE is about the same as the 2018 V6 Camry optioned out the same, actually, Camry is a bit more. Avalon style is aging well...easy to mistake for a Camry from the front, much prettier int he rear.

Paul

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I too would like to know where to find invoice prices, can't seem to google my way to anything that doesn't contact a dealer...and I swear to gosh, as soon as I hit enter on any online form, my phone rings within 30 seconds from a dealer!

Is $22,730 a good price for a 2018 LE with the normal $25,105 MSRP...that's after "incentives"? Not seeing enough paid for prices here to determine how much more I should beat the dealer up for.

Paul
Invoice prices are in the first post of this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new Camry SE

Year: 2018
4 or 6 cylinder engine: 4
Your city and state: Raleigh, NC
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): SE
Color: Midnight Black Metallic
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): $29,681
Sale Price: $27249
Down Payment: $2626 ($2358 from trade-in of 2014 4runner plus $268 down for mats)
Price Out The Door (OTD):$25,838.60 plus 1.9% APR for 72 months
Dealer Name (Optional): N/A
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.):
Convenience Package: Smart Key/Homelink/Auto Dimming Review Mirror with Compass
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof
Clear Paint Protection - Door edge and rear bumper
Phone Cable and Charge Package

Dealer extras added in: Premium Window tint

One Picture: Coming soon

61 - 80 of 1498 Posts