Toyota Nation Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1498 Posts

·
straight cash homie
18,807 Posts
I see the last post is a dealer out of Alabama, which means Southeast Toyota and the likelihood of lots of SET options that they only put on the cars they distribute. If that's the case, I would negotiate hard to go way under invoice to offset their unsavory sales practices to sell loaded cars.

·
Solve et Coagula..
239 Posts
2018 XSE V6, need to find the paperwork to verify the exact number, but here goes.

'18 XSE V6 with everything, red leather, moonroof, including JBL premium sound. Final price taxes in: $40,800 CDN or $30,726 USD.

After getting a little gouged on my last vehicle purchase ( F150), thanks to the ridulous rebates and freebies out there for those trucks that I didn't receive; I made the next sorry bugger pay for it. Negotiated with 3 different dealerships, had a deal setup with one, phoned #3 and said I am about to pull the trigger on dealership #2 for X dollars, if you can beat it you have my business I am ready to go TODAY.

Lady in financing was a B. She got mad when I refused all the warranties and crap, even more mad when I made her remove the $485 (bullcrap fee), and another option that was slapped on there that wasn't actually there (3m film). Probably trying to make a grand on a deal that is otherwise probably a loss. I told her that the salesmen said this price all in, that's what I want. She said I can't waive it, I said I am not paying for it, the deal has already been made at X dollars. She waved in the manager, he saw I wasn't budging and a line outside her office, he just said to waive it. =] She had to reprint the paperwork 3 times by the time everything was square.

How did I do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just paid for a 2019 SE I4 with blind side monitoring and convenience package.
MSRP 28204.00
Sale Price: 21935.00 (including $2000 rebate) + tax + license + doc fee.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just paid for a 2019 SE I4 with blind side monitoring and convenience package.
MSRP 28204.00
Sale Price: 21935.00 (including $2000 rebate) + tax + license + doc fee.
I would have loved to get a Black Camry SE with Blind-side monitoring. My older Camry didn't have this, and it was a pain changing lanes when it was raining. Did you buy this car from the inventory, or did you order it a per your preference (Blind side and Convenience).

Had a failed negotiation yesterday.
Camry XSE V6
I offered 28000 with financing at the rate of 0.9%

Given it's a year older model, I thought it would go through. Any suggestions?

·
Solve et Coagula..
239 Posts
I would have loved to get a Black Camry SE with Blind-side monitoring. My older Camry didn't have this, and it was a pain changing lanes when it was raining. Did you buy this car from the inventory, or did you order it a per your preference (Blind side and Convenience).

Had a failed negotiation yesterday.
Camry XSE V6
I offered 28000 with financing at the rate of 0.9%

Given it's a year older model, I thought it would go through. Any suggestions?
28 seems quite low, and with that interest rate. If you can get it, great, but don't hold your breath. The stealers need to make a new bucks too, they're probably losing at that $. come back and offer 29,5-30? I paid just over 30 and that was a good deal with what it all had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
28 seems quite low, and with that interest rate. If you can get it, great, but don't hold your breath. The stealers need to make a new bucks too, they're probably losing at that $. come back and offer 29,5-30? I paid just over 30 and that was a good deal with what it all had.
I revised my asking price to $29k. At this point of time, the dealerships have already received the 2020 models. If I am going for a year-old model (2019), I would expect them to bring the price lower. I am going to look at the Honda Accord EX-L this weekend. I don't want to but seems like I don't have a choice. I have already stretched by budget for my love of the new Camry, I can't stretch that far. :(

·
Solve et Coagula..
239 Posts
I revised my asking price to $29k. At this point of time, the dealerships have already received the 2020 models. If I am going for a year-old model (2019), I would expect them to bring the price lower. I am going to look at the Honda Accord EX-L this weekend. I don't want to but seems like I don't have a choice. I have already stretched by budget for my love of the new Camry, I can't stretch that far. :(
They might go for 29, good luck! =] Accord is a nice vehicle too, let us know what comes of it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems like they are not budging. They have asked me to come to the dealership again tomorrow. I have a feeling, I would eventually be buying a Honda Accord. I hope they can make me a better offer to stop me from doing that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Figured let's get this started for the new Gen 8. I know many including myself will be interested in this and to see if dealers try to mark them up or not. Invoice/MSRP pricing attached below. With the list below, please post one picture with it. :)

Please copy and paste list:

Year:
4 or 6 cylinder engine:
Your city and state:
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.):
Price before Tax Title License (TTL):
Down Payment:
Price Out The Door (OTD):
Dealer Name (Optional):
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.):
One Picture:
Just want buyers to beware the torque converter is still bad on the 2016 model. Was supposed to only be an issue with the 2012-14 models, but may be an issue with all camry models. High cost fix to have to add to prices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased today in NJ/NY area
2019 SE with blind side monitoring and convenience package and moonroof
MSRP ~$29000
Price was $24500 less $1500 cash rebate = $23,000
OTD price in New Jersey (6.625%) + doc fee + reg = ~$25.5k

I contacted a dozen so this was about the lowest anyone was willing to go...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello friends!

Finally joining the camry community so i had to do it big. I did pretty average i believe.

XSE V6 with all the packages, two tone, blackout, pano sunroof, red interior.

Otd: 35,453.10
Price before tax/fees : 32,165.77 california taxes :(
Dealer MSRP: 39.5k

Cant wait to drive her everywhere!!

View attachment 283887
2672C10B-682C-4D3E-A1DD-71097786EA4F.jpeg

1421 - 1440 of 1498 Posts