Year: 2020
4 or 6 cylinder engine: 4 cyl
Your city and state: Bay Area, CA
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): SE Nightshade Silver
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): 22,490
Down Payment: 0
Price Out The Door (OTD): 24,500
Dealer Name (Optional): City Toyota
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.): Door trim guard, All weather mats

·
Registered
2020 Camry LE
161 Posts
You could see if they come down. Worst is they say NO and you know where you are in terms of negotiating. Have you been to other dealers? Maybe get some quotes from them too and then choose the dealer that has the configuration/price you like. That's sort of what I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Central Texas

2020 Camry SE Grey Mica
Convenience Package: blind spot, rear cross traffic, push-start, home-link, etc
Mud flaps, blackout package, wheel locks, tints, paint and fabric guard, charging usb package.

MSRP: $30,490 +TTL

DISCOUNTED TO: $23,361 +TTL
(Includes $2,000 Toyoto-thon rebate)

23.39% DISCOUNT

OTD
WITH TTL and a few extras: $25,694

Had my son drop me off and said wife will pick me up in 3 hours and we will sign together if you can give me a deal..... Or she will give me a ride home. Also, brought comps from other dealers online prices.

Love my Camry

·
Registered
2020 Camry LE
161 Posts
They updated their numbers to ~33,100 OTD which is about ~1.2k less than MSRP. Not sure if I should just bite or try to see if they will come down a bit lower.
I checked of truecar and they don't have the car with my options available, but with the % discount off for the car on the lot compared to the base MSRP, it says I'm getting an excellent deal.
Not sure if you tried yet, but you can always see if they come down. Worst is they say NO and you either walk or agree or come up a little from your "low ball" offer. I'd say on average if you're saving $4000-$5000+ off MSRP (not including taxes and doc fees) that's a good deal (on any trim level). It seems that the average person saves at least $4000 of MSRP on a L/LE and about $5000-$6000 in some cases on a SE/XSE from what I'm seeing.

Also keep in mind that in different markets, prices will be different. So what might be high in say IL or MN, might be a cheap/low price for places like CA where taxes and other fees may add into the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your city and state: West Palm Beach, FL
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): SE
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): 21,525
Down Payment: 0
Price Out The Door (OTD): 24,491
Dealer Name (Optional):
Included Toyoguard Platinum ($699), Dealer appearance pkg ($1699!), Carpeted Floor Mats ($329), LED interior light upgrade ($139), Phone, cable & charge Pkg ($73)
MSRP $29680

·
Registered
3 Posts
Central Texas

2020 Camry SE Grey Mica
Convenience Package: blind spot, rear cross traffic, push-start, home-link, etc
Mud flaps, blackout package, wheel locks, tints, paint and fabric guard, charging usb package.

MSRP: $30,490 +TTL

DISCOUNTED TO: $23,361 +TTL
(Includes $2,000 Toyoto-thon rebate)

23.39% DISCOUNT

OTD
WITH TTL and a few extras: $25,694

Had my son drop me off and said wife will pick me up in 3 hours and we will sign together if you can give me a deal..... Or she will give me a ride home. Also, brought comps from other dealers online prices.

Love my Camry

Hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m hunting for a 2020 Camry with the 0% APR offer. Seems you can’t stack the $2000 rebate, so my otd prices are ranging $25.5k-28k (6% tax) for just a base LE. You guys are getting some amazing deals.

edit: can to can’t

·
Registered
2020 Camry LE
161 Posts
I’m hunting for a 2020 Camry with the 0% APR offer. Seems you can’t stack the $2000 rebate, so my otd prices are ranging $25.5k-28k (6% tax) for just a base LE. You guys are getting some amazing deals.

edit: can to can’t
Nope you can't stack rebates w/ financing (and in most cases, you can't stack rebates, except possibly for ones like the $500 college grad rebate or the military rebate). It's always one or the other.
And really, in many cases, 0% is a joke and a sales tactic. I found out with my bank, I was better off paying 1.9% APR and getting the $2000 rebate than taking 0% and no rebate. Granted the savings weren't that great (maybe $15 per month) but it adds up. They hope that people fall for the 0% and in some cases ,it may be a better deal, especially if the local bank is unwilling to give you a competitive rate.

Also I used TrueCar and some local quotes to make them come down on the price. I also did my own financing through my bank, as I figured out a worst case and best case scenario for 0% and in both cases, the bank (at 1.9% with rebate) beat it.

I wouldn't feel bad about the price. As long as you didn't pay more than MSRP - the $2000 rebate then I think you're OK. Cars go for different prices in different areas of the countries. In some regions it sells for more, others less. I bet in the middle of South Dakota or Alaska where everyone else drives a truck, Camry's probably sell at a decent discount because they probably aren't big movers in those areas. But perhaps in areas like Chicago where you have a lot of commuters, they are hot cars because they get good gas mileage and are reliable. As long as you didn't pay more than that, you're fine. I'm a bit surprised myself at some of the deals people got on here too. I spent about 2 hours going back and forth with the dealer and basically told them you either want to sell me the car or not as I was about to walk out, and i told them if they didnt' want to, that's fine there are plenty of Toyota dealers between there and home (which was about 50 miles away).

It's also going to depend (to a point, I think) how many are on the lot too. If they have a lot of one particular model that's not moving very fast, they might be more willing to wheel and deal with you on the price to get them off the lot (they won't give them away, but it's easier that way). When I was looking, I could have gotten an SE but they wouldn't budget as much on the price, so I settled for an LE and saved a bit (the only feature I really wanted in the SE was the nicer interior, but the LE's interior isn't bad).

·
Registered
2021 Camry Hybrid
30 Posts
Made my decision to buy a 2018 base LE CPO with 32k miles to replace our 2006 Focus. We test drove the Honda Accord just before this, and didn't find it as comfortable as the Camry.

Starting price: $17,995
Adjusted price: $17,245
Dealer doc: $250.00
Tax: $1,137.18
Non-tax Fees: $43.00
Total: $18,675.18

Work for a Buick/GMC dealer, coworkers all think it's a pretty good deal, and I do as well. Let me know what y'all think!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 2 weeks ago:
Year: 2020 (brand new with 8 miles on it)
Your city and state: Elk Grove Village, IL
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): XSE AWD
MSRP: $38,004
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): $32.842.14
Price Out The Door (OTD): $33,719.43 (includes $2500 additional cash rebate from Toyota for going with my own financing)
Dealer Name: Continental Toyota in Hodkins, IL
Miscellaneous add-ons/extras: Driver Assist Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation Package, Panoramic Glass Roof, All Weather Floor Liners/Cargo Tray ($5,604 in options)

·
Registered
2021 Camry Hybrid
30 Posts
Posted a couple weeks ago about buying an 18. We ended up purchasing a 2020 instead!

Engine: 4-Cyl
City and State: Canton, OH
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): LE
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): $20,500
Down Payment: $500
Price Out The Door (OTD): $22,141.75

I'll post a few pictures of it in a couple days. Insurance messed up paperwork and didn't get it to our credit union in time before close for us to sign it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Posted a couple weeks ago about buying an 18. We ended up purchasing a 2020 instead!

Engine: 4-Cyl
City and State: Canton, OH
Trim (i.e. LE, XLE, XSE, Hybrid, etc.): LE
Price before Tax Title License (TTL): $20,500
Down Payment: $500
Price Out The Door (OTD): $22,141.75

I'll post a few pictures of it in a couple days. Insurance messed up paperwork and didn't get it to our credit union in time before close for us to sign it.
That's a great deal. Do you pay by finance? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Everyone, we seem to have gotten away from our format for listing prices so that the info is most useful to other readers. The key info is sticker price vs selling price ( include doc fee but not TTL , since TTL can vary greatly depending on the state you live in ).
How much you paid " out the door " is not as useful as how much you got off the sticker price . So ,if your new car had a sticker price of $30K, and the dealer was willing to sell it at $25K , plus TTL , then that is very helpful for others to know what is reasonable to get as a discount.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So this isn't my first camry. Had a 2011, 2014, 2017, another 2017 (v6), a 2018 and currently have a 2019. All bought from the same dealership after a rear end total loss etc etc, So I have a bit of a loyalty bias here since I know the manager personally, BUT regardless I can tell you how much I paid OTD for each and every one of them because each one was a freaking steel.
2011 LE with rims (at the time you could option out the alloy wheels) - 18,500 OTD, paid cash. (MSRP 21,500)
2014 SE no options - 21,000 OTD, rolled the insurance check into this one and financed the rest. (MSRP 27,750)
2017 XSE 4cyl RED fully loaded but no v6 - 20,000 OTD, rolled the insurance check into this one from the 2014. Got this one at a different dealer actually that had ONE LAST 2017 as 2018's were already coming in. (MSRP 33,000)
Gave the 2017 to the fam and bought myself a 2018 SE w/ sunroof - 21,500 OTD, back to the old trusty local dealer, put a small down payment of like 7 grand and financed the rest So I got the finance discount on top of haggling. (MSRP 27,777)
2018 got rear ended (My flipping luck man) got it fixed by insurance because it was minor damage and sold it asap.
Bought a 2019 XSE 4cyl with pano sunroof - 24,500 OTD for the car, also got a loyalty discount on bumper2bumper coverage and road hazard protection (paid 2000 total for 7 year coverage that can be rolled over/refunded) (MSRP 33,500)

I have proof for all of these just they are in my safe and I don't feel like digging through 40+ years of documentation.
Location: South East (all the toyota dealers are interlinked here so it doesn't matter which one you go to).

Reactions: ALB4 and zcamryww

·
Registered
62 Posts
So this isn't my first camry. Had a 2011, 2014, 2017, another 2017 (v6), a 2018 and currently have a 2019. All bought from the same dealership after a rear end total loss etc etc, So I have a bit of a loyalty bias here since I know the manager personally, BUT regardless I can tell you how much I paid OTD for each and every one of them because each one was a freaking steel.
2011 LE with rims (at the time you could option out the alloy wheels) - 18,500 OTD, paid cash. (MSRP 21,500)
2014 SE no options - 21,000 OTD, rolled the insurance check into this one and financed the rest. (MSRP 27,750)
2017 XSE 4cyl RED fully loaded but no v6 - 20,000 OTD, rolled the insurance check into this one from the 2014. Got this one at a different dealer actually that had ONE LAST 2017 as 2018's were already coming in. (MSRP 33,000)
Gave the 2017 to the fam and bought myself a 2018 SE w/ sunroof - 21,500 OTD, back to the old trusty local dealer, put a small down payment of like 7 grand and financed the rest So I got the finance discount on top of haggling. (MSRP 27,777)
2018 got rear ended (My flipping luck man) got it fixed by insurance because it was minor damage and sold it asap.
Bought a 2019 XSE 4cyl with pano sunroof - 24,500 OTD for the car, also got a loyalty discount on bumper2bumper coverage and road hazard protection (paid 2000 total for 7 year coverage that can be rolled over/refunded) (MSRP 33,500)

I have proof for all of these just they are in my safe and I don't feel like digging through 40+ years of documentation.
Location: South East (all the toyota dealers are interlinked here so it doesn't matter which one you go to).
You got some pretty good deals along the way ! Especially the 2017 ! If you got a $33 K car for $20 K, that's a little over 39% off !!!!!!!!!!!!! That might be the forum record for a new car. Congrats !

1901 - 1920 of 1995 Posts