Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, there are 2 lights on my dash...that i have no idea what they do...

the first one looks like a car, and on the rear it has little marks...like illumination marks or something:

and the other...is ECT (yes thats ECT, not ETC). its located in the center fo the tachometer (which comes in handy BTW)...there is a switch on the center console that turns this ECT light on, i have driven with it both on and off and i felt no difference in driving or performance:

can somebody PLZ tell me what these lights are for??? the one thats always on when im in any gear...it really bugs me... :geek:

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Search button works wonders...and yes-you are such a man! The manual tells ya...
the car with the light rays....means you got a bulb burnt out, it's your warning indicator. The ECT is your Electronically Controlled Trans...gives you an added boost-usually on on-ramps and such.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sorry about the search, i searched and didnt turn anything up...maybe i didnt do it right??? this forum format is a little different than the style im used to.

and yes i am a man. yes i know a lot about alot of cars, but not this particular one...i now know a little more about it.

i dont have an owners manual, and the one i ordered form lexus hasnt gotten here yet (this car is so old they may have to reprint it in its entirety:D )

and what does being a man have to do with anything??? LOL.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
The first one means one of your brake light bulbs is out.

For ECT... it means electronically controlled transmission. When it's in "PWR" it will shift at a higher rpm in each gear. This you can search in the Camry forum. :D

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOH!!!:eek:wnedsmas

i was searching general discussion...OMG im an indiot (SHADDAP!):slap:

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Celica has same thing too.
At PWR mode, tranny will hold the gear a bit longer before upshift and down shift a bit faster. If you can't feel the different, either you're flooring it all the time :D or not driving fast enough :disappoin
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.