Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to select which brand of spark plug wires to buy. What's your guys' preference? Here's my preference.

Magnecor :naughty: :clap: :thumbup:
Nology :D :D
NGK :smokin: :thumbup:
TRD :D
OEM :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
If your car is at OEM settings, go with OEM. Don't waste your money.

If your car is slightly-moderately modified, go with NGK copper plugs (one step cooler), but they will only last 5-6k miles.

Other spark plugs are not recommended.

·
1 FST MR2 430 WHP @19 PSI
MR2
121 Posts
I would recommend the NGK. I use to have the Magnacore wires but they didn't fit properly and I had to have one modified to make it work, I finally got fed up and got the NGK's. I really like them. I still have the magnacore one if any body wants them let me know you can have them for free the one that modified is broken again you would have to get that one fix tho. If you are local you can come by and pick them up. If you want them ship just pay me for the shipping.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
i'm running TRD wires on my 2.1L stroker. i had Magnecor wires when i was N/A and they fit well and worked just fine. and they looked cool too. :D

-Mike

·
Registered
500 Posts
OEM!

Anything else is a waste of money and/or a poor match.

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback, and I have decided on NGK's. I still wanted some kind of performance wires, so I didn't go with oem and didn't go too far with the Nology or magnecor. Thanks again.

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, sorry if I offended you Mr. Jekyl and Hyde, but if I feel that the NGK's will provide just a thousandth of spark more than oem would provide-I'm going to get NGK's. My opinion. Yours is yours. Thanks for the debate invitation though. No hard feelings.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts