Toyota Nation Forum banner

What do you set ur tire psi at

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys, I noe for 16 inch alloy, Toyota recommends 32psi all around, but im guess most of us dont do 32psi because we care more than just fuel economy, so what do u set ur tire pressure 2? and please state why

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
I set mine to 36psi all around. I tried higher (40psi for fuel economy) and but the NVH was more than I like...and 32psi feels too squishy.

·
Registered
'16 Highlander LTD
533 Posts
34 psi on all 4

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,744 Posts
35 psi all around, seems to work just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
36psi all around...

It gives me the perfect mix for temp change. When it drops down cold they ride at 34psi, but then warm up to 37-38psi.

I've done 40-42psi before, but the ride was too choppy.

Just curious, what kinda gauge do you guys use?
I use a Digital Michelin pressure gauge.
From HERE at Cdn Tire
I used to have the old style slider with notches, but I found this is much easier to get more accurate pressure.

·
Registered
2010 rolla
33 Posts
every vehicle I've owned I have run 35 PSI....rotate every 5000 miles....I've gotten as much as 260,000 miles out of a set of tires...91 dodge dakota...factory installed michelins...75% hiway miles...
and before ya'll call horse pucky...don't really care what ya think...I know it as fact.... :smokin: time will tell with the new rolla...only 8500 miles so far...

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla XRS
111 Posts
I set them to 32 psi only because I am told that setting the tires to manufactures specs is not just for fuel economy but for even tread wear and overall life of the tire. With that said I also dont think that a pound or two will cause any problems with the tires.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
From HERE at Cdn Tire
I used to have the old style slider with notches, but I found this is much easier to get more accurate pressure.
That Michelin tire gauge is just a re-branded Accutire MS 4000.

I myself use an Accutire MS 4350 B. They make great gauges. Dirt cheap when they go on sale.

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
36psi all around...

It gives me the perfect mix for temp change. When it drops down cold they ride at 34psi, but then warm up to 37-38psi.

I've done 40-42psi before, but the ride was too choppy.

From HERE at Cdn Tire
i used a hunters mounting and balancing machine. accurate everytime. but if i dont have access to that, i use those pencil pressure gauges. im so low tech :(

·
Registered
2003 matrix xrs
377 Posts
35 psi all around for me

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
38psi cold all around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts