Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
994 Posts
The part number corresponds to the UltraFlo line. Yes, the flow will be straight-thru. If it is anything like the UltraFlo I have on my Paseo, it is not quiet.

·
Banned
994 Posts
Not exactly. The resonated muffler tips do not quiet them down much either. I had a junk one in the past. The resonated part filled with soot, dirt, etc, and that made it useless. They later rusted, and flaked out. Double useless.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
between the cat and the muffler.......i thought i heard somebody say that it would quite the sound some if you place a peice of smaller pipe right before the muffler!

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
You can't make a straight thru quieter unless its got one of those with silencer tips on them.. if it doesn't have that option there's no way in hell.. I tried to quiet mine down on my 89 GTS.. its not loud on the outside but inside the cabin is crazy loud. 2 resonators, no luck... one big HUGE resonator.. better luck but still not enough. :disappoin I'm just gonna buy a regular muffler for the car next time. for the 90 GTS I'm actually looking for either an OEM IS300 muffler OR an RSX Type S muffler. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts