Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1996 V6 DX. I got it today finally after the accident the front has been fixed just like new and they even fixed a few little scratches that weren't there before the accident for free :). Anyways I'm getting a deck tomorrow, if I can decide what to get, and i just want to know what I should do to make the car look more appealing. I don't wanta rice it I just want it to look better than stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of stereo you puttin in? I got an alpine cda 7897 in my camry, its nice!!!. With some infinity kappas 6x9 in the back and some 6.5 infinity perfects6.1 in the front with a kicker amp pushing all 4 speakers...it sounds like i got a 10" sub in the trunk but i don't. I will be puttin 2 12" cerwin vegas in the trunk with 1 jbl bp 1200.1 amp.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm not too good with audio, just wanted to offer some friendly advice, try to get one with the faceplate that blacks itself out when the car is off. I love the gen3 dash but hate how the radio is in plain view of everyone, with a blackout faceplate you get added security.

Steve

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Dynamyk said:
It's a 1996 V6 DX. I got it today finally after the accident the front has been fixed just like new and they even fixed a few little scratches that weren't there before the accident for free :). Anyways I'm getting a deck tomorrow, if I can decide what to get, and i just want to know what I should do to make the car look more appealing. I don't wanta rice it I just want it to look better than stock.

^Whatever you want to do to it.

edit: not to be a dick

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice, I just wanted general ideas with what you guys did so I could look into it. Those body kits are sexy :). Right now maybe 400-500. Until i get a job again :(

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Please don't use CAPs. It's considered yelling. Thanks :)

Strut brace: $120 give or take depending on brand and quality.
Nice set of tires: $300 Average depending on what you want. (My tires cost $450 :D )
Some nice speakers to go with your new deck :)

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
kevganzon said:
Get a new suspension setup to make her look more aggressive then some new shoes if you want it appealing ;)
this man is correct!!!! lower it before you do anything!!! it will make every mod AFTER you lower it look 10 times better :D

a good set of lowering springs will run you 250, and if you want you should get some tokico struts. then you would have a car that looks and handles great! oh and if you were wondering a good place to find springs- try sean at CTMotorsport.

if i had a chance to go back and change the order of my mods, i would DEFINITELY have lowered it first.

jon

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Yes. Coil overs are the best answer for handling you could ask for. They are adjustable and give you sick handling.

Plus with 17's your car will sit a lot higher.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wash, polish, and wax the exterior/wheels/lenses, clean out the interior, shampoo the carpets, vacuum the small rocks and stones, and spray some air freshner on the upholstry.

Then, ask yourself where you want to go with mods: Cosmetic? Performance? Sound? Interior work? Basic maintenance?

·
MKIV hardtopper
41 Posts
If you go with lowering springs, yes, it will lower the car. When ever you lower the car it causes the car to be bouncier. To counteract this, get dampers(tokico makes a good set). :)

·
Lurker Supreme
66 Posts
where do you guys get all this stuff installed at or do you do it by yourselves? I have always wondered. LIke installing springs where would you get that done?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's already been vaccuumed, waxed etc just a few months ago and vaccuumed again when we bought it from the dealership. I'm thinking about lowering and getting shoes, maybe a tint.

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^
Yes. Coil overs are the best answer for handling you could ask for. They are adjustable and give you sick handling.

Plus with 17's your car will sit a lot higher.
a true coilover system is definitely the best for performance.. but they are very stiff and usually provide a very racey feel that can be obnoxious on a daily driven car... also coilover sleeves- although an inexpensive route to adjustable ride height- are probably not the best quality of mods to do.

i recommend a spring/strut/swaybar setup stiff enough to eliminate body roll, and at the same time be able to retain all of the comfort of your camry. tokicos will give you a tighter suspension and eliminate bounce regardless of how low you drop it, whiteline has a thicker rear swaybar that will help body roll, and as for springs you have quite a few choices..

it all depends on what you want out of your car.. if you are looking for a near stock ride with a conservative amount of drop- eibach. if you want to go low, id recommend whiteline all the way

my $.02

jon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts