Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Angela Proudfoot is one of the newest additions to the drag racing series at NHRA. What do you think about this? Good or Bad.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
They're just as good as anyone else. Then again, it's drag racing... What skill is needed there? :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey...female dragsters ROCK!!!....cars are great....and the faster the better....anyone who loves cars and/or racing as much as I do is kool with me :chug: ....male or

female...black, white, asian, hispanic WHATEVER!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
put it this way if the bitch was to walk on the street and she was not a looker i wont bother but is she drove i still wont look, if she drives stick ill be dam she is pretty if she races ovals ill be dam baby where u been all my life

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Um....I hate to break it to you guys, but women in drag racing in nothing new. Anybody ever heard of Shirley Muldowney? She started drag racing in 1958. She was very sucessful. In 1977 she was the first woman to win the NHRA top fuel championchip. She went on to win 2 more top fuel championchips in her career. More recently you have Lisa Kubo who was the first FWD driver to break in to the sevens. When I went to the Powerade seriese last month I saw Ashley Force, John Force's daughter, run. There is no debate. Women have been in racing for decades, and will be there for quite some time to come.

·
Fast Toy enthusiast 4ever
1985 Corolla GT-S
454 Posts
It's just someone in that sport that us straight guys can bang. Just Joking, yeah it's great, seeing the girls out there too, the sport will grow bigger, But drag racing, sure it takes mad skillz to launch with perfect r/t but honestly, where are the grass roots, and the big timers, yeah yeah Danica, it was nice to watch Shauna Marinus as well, shes a really great driver.
yea more power to em until they take all the attention away from the guys like Danica Patrick did during INDY autograph sessions
that is retarded, having her own line, I really wanted her to win indy but come one, dont rank her next to god compared to the rest of em.
good night
hehe were all dave despain wannabes lol:lol:

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
Woman drag racers are like women who fight....not very ladylike. Every girl I've ever met at the track was a total bitch, who I would never date. Same thing with every girl I know who drives a stick. They may be fine to spend the night with but no one you'd ever marry.

Men race (and fight) usually because they have something to prove. Tell me anything you want, you'll be lying to yourself. If you race, you do it to prove yourself (either to yourself or to others). There is nothing wrong with this, it is testosterone's fault.

Why women fight, I don't know. Why women want to go race, I don't know. My wife does not want to fight or race, she is ladylike. I like her that way.

/zips up flame retardant suit

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
I think that if a woman wants to race and has the talent to compete, good for her.
Twice a year there is an ATV racing event close to where I live and theres this family who's daughters race (2 daughters and a cousin).
They are very hot and very talented racers. Also, they are very nice and gracious. They will talk to anybody and dont talk trash. They just line up, win the race and move on. :dunno: In fact, they will help out other racers with set-up and racing technique advice.
I do think all the attention given to women racers is getting out of hand. Someone should get attention because they are talented, not because of whats under their uniform.
Cap'n

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Celica
3 Posts
357wheelgunner said:
Woman drag racers are like women who fight....not very ladylike. Every girl I've ever met at the track was a total bitch, who I would never date. Same thing with every girl I know who drives a stick. They may be fine to spend the night with but no one you'd ever marry.

Men race (and fight) usually because they have something to prove. Tell me anything you want, you'll be lying to yourself. If you race, you do it to prove yourself (either to yourself or to others). There is nothing wrong with this, it is testosterone's fault.

Why women fight, I don't know. Why women want to go race, I don't know. My wife does not want to fight or race, she is ladylike. I like her that way.

/zips up flame retardant suit
WOW this is really interesting! I happen to be a female racer and I think your statement is very amusing. I don't fight and I happen to be very ladylike lol. I think that the only type of guy that would say this is the one that has fear that he will be beaten by a woman. I happen to share this interest with my boyfriend and we enjoy having the same hobbie. I drive stick, I race but I am in no way a bitch. I happen to be a very nice person. :hammer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
357wheelgunner said:
You sir, know the wrong women ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
bring 'em on!

it's funny to listen to the responsses when ever this topic comes up, bench racing, at the track, over the internet... it's all the same, everone has a preference.

As a driver, it's just another driver in the other lane. In the pits, I like having women around as competitors, it bring in a wider fan base. In fact, my 17 year old daughter and I talked with Dragbike racer Karen Stoffer a few years ago, that meeting got he even more interested in our own racing program

1 - 20 of 23 Posts