Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as you guys probably know, i've posted many times deciding on what engine to swap into my gen4 camry which currently has a I4. Well, here it is, have fun and leave some feedback...

V6 Power Baby....1mzfe, 2001 with 22K

Complete Wiring Harness, Uncut...Woohoo!!!

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
5,553 Posts
but did you get the ecu for it? is it jdm or usd? how much did you pay?
when i did mine i did a full overhaul on it all gaskets timing belt and cleaned the intake manifold and tb. but you'll like it a whle lot better than a i4:thumbup:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
6,252 Posts
Cool man:thumbup: How much did the engine cost you, and is it JDM or USDM?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
3,904 Posts
when you get her in the car hose her down and spray a nice coat of armor all on it makes her really shinny really wick :D also makes her collect dirt fast as hell

·
Auto-Cross Addict
7,315 Posts
Man, I would do more than just gaskets. Since you have the time, I would do a full cleaning on it. Save the life of the engine, make it life new. And if you have a bead blaster, that thing can be as clean as a new engine:) It's worth the time. And boy does it make a difference.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
2,709 Posts
malukalu99 said:
Why go to just a v6? pop a 2jz in there

waste of a engine swap
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :disappoin

I can see right off the bat the valve cover seal leaks.
dont most 1MZ-FEs have probs with this, because i know i have to clean mine engine off every once in a while because of this

·
Auto-Cross Addict
7,315 Posts
malukalu99 said:
Why go to just a v6? pop a 2jz in there

waste of a engine swap
You should be beaten!

I forgot to mention, you should do any dress-up before hand. It will save you a lot of time later. Like I am painting the heat shield for my exhaust manifolds. Stuff like that. Easy time to clean:)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not aure about the valve cover seals. I thought I was going to change mine, but there was no leak. That's with 130k + miles on it. I looked all the way aroud and had the seals before I checked. I might be lucky, but in a year or so, I eexpect to see something coming out.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For all you guys, the engine is usd, i believe. I paid $1270 which included a 6 month warranty and all taxes. I will be picking up the ecu later. Also, before I swap the engine into the car, i'm gonna mod it up with everything i can while she's out, then put her in.:D

malukalu99, it would be cool to do a 2jz, but you do know that's a RWD, right? that would mean a hell of alot of conversion work to make my camry RWD and it would cost alot of $$$ which i don't have.

other than that, i'll probably end up changing the seals and sanding the engine down a bit to look abit more clean. I also got a friend who does powder-coating and he'll hook me up. But definately, i'm gonna do the mods and dressup before i put it in. It'll make alot easier for me in the long run.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
7,315 Posts
You could do the powder coating yourself. I read an article in last months "Hot Rod" on how to do it with a welding torch. Easy shit too. They sell at home kits. But your luck that you have to hook up. I wish I did:(

*Side note* 2jz wouldn't fit without moving the whole firewall back and spending more money than it's worth to mount everything.:)

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
a RWD is possible, just need the $$$ to do it. I think Sportivo has a RWD camry (not sure).

oibone781, I'm not sure what i should do with the tranny, but i do know that the auto. in my car now is going and i'm gonna look for a manual to put in. I'll pretty much have a better time and vehicle with the manual and 1mz modded up. Gotta start searching.

Anybody know of any good websites that i can check out to get started on collecting parts for the engine and stuff like that?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
7,315 Posts
Yeah, Sportivo Concepts built a Gen 3 RWD Camry TT.

As for a tranny build up, you can have your torque converter beefed up.

*Personally, I would like to see a RWD Gen 3 Wagon. That would be pretty tight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.