Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey so I've found a 1995 Celica and i was wondering how much do you think that i could sell my 1989 Camry LE for? I was thinking $1500 but wasnt sure, pics of the car that are to-date

Dont have shots of the intirior but it is in awsome shape, no rips, just a few wear spots just the usuall for a 89. Think $1500 is to much or to little?

thanks
matt_s

edit - the car has 300, 037 Kilometers on it

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,555 Posts
Overall your car looks pretty clean and solid. As long as it runs & drives decent, I would think $1500 would be a pretty reasonable starting point. Assuming this is a 4 cyl. auto.?

I like the 2 tone silver/gray. Very nice. I'd lose the cyclops light in front though.

I wish you were closer to me, we would be making a deal on your basketweave wheels before you put it up for sale.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
gotta love the 1 fog light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is a 4cyl Auto. would $2000 be pushing it for that car?

Are Local wreakers has 3 sets of those basketweave wheels on the three camrys that ive takes parts from. There is only 1 fog light b/c the other lense was shatered and i really needed a headlight so i added it.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Whats the milage on the car?? Thats a major factor. Like... if you've got like 300,000km on that odo, well... obviously that'll make a difference.

And wtf is on your fenders? Why is it just primered there? I'm sure a buyer will be very interested about that.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
^^I agree. You're in the right ballpark at $1500 since it has 300,000km on it, but you may want to paint the wheel wells before selling it. My Camry is exactly the same paint scheme, and I know it looked like crap when I had it primered before painting.

BTW, are you anywhere near thunder Bay? I'd kill for another scrap yard with Camrys in it.

·
Grenaded piston
6,602 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
And wtf is on your fenders? Why is it just primered there?
Repairs as a result of rusty fenders.

Then fenders on gen 2s like to rust, although I've never had that problem with mine since it doesn't snow here.

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,555 Posts
I think $2k might be pushing it wiith the primer on the fenders, but I don't know. Depends on what the market will bear in your area for a decent used car. IMHO, if you do ask $2k for it, you should really clean it up good. If it's got a really clean interior, then clean it up good to show it off. Take off the friggin driving light (WTF were you smoking when you decided that would look cool?), clean up the tires, and put a 'yota emblem back on the grille. You may even want to get a spray can of Dupli-Color and paint over the primer, just to make it look a little better.

It really is a nice looking car, but it just needs a little help to hit the $2k level. Do you need to sell it before you get the Celica? If so, you may want to price it agressively so you don't lose out on the Celica.

·
幻影
673 Posts
Matt_s... is there anything to the 25th anniversary edition Camry other than headrests? I'll trade you my grey headrests and any other pieces for your pieces, because I doubt that anyone that would pay $1500 cares about the rarity of your car, and those are parts that should go to another Toyota enthusiast :D

EDIT- Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else... is your car the 25th anniversary edition?

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,555 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:
EDIT- Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else... is your car the 25th anniversary edition?
I don't think so... maybe the 9th anniversary Camry. :D

·
幻影
673 Posts
HomeGrown said:
I don't think so... maybe the 9th anniversary Camry. :D
Hah, no, Toyota Canada made special 25th anniversary edition Camry's in the late 80's some time to celebrate their 25th year.

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,555 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:
Hah, no, Toyota Canada made special 25th anniversary edition Camry's in the late 80's some time to celebrate their 25th year.
Nice! I don't think I've ever seen one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
No I Live in British Columbia so i might be a slight drive to get to our wreakers.

Aslo next time i get to the wreakers ill try to remember to ask how much for 4 basketweavers shiped to seatle will cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts