Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 97 corolla I'm experiencing a censor check engine light,
I had a diagnostic check done and was told, the problem lyes in
the oxygen censor..how accurate is this diagnossis? can you tell me what the cost would be for a oxygen censor?? is it possible to purchase from a auto parts wholesale..and what would be the approximate for labor?? I need good sound menchanical advise
kindly advise..codyb thank you

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It's oxygen sensor. And it shouldn't be too hard. Since you're in Cali, just head out to the junkyard and grab one off a random Toyota. The thing should be held on to the exhaust manifold by two bolts. There is a wire leading out from the sensor to a wiring harness. If you have a socket set, you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
actually it's a 97.... i believe those are heated and a 4 wire.... they range in prices under $100.... depends on if you get it with the factory plug or not.... if you do, then it's more expensive.... but the other route requries you to do the wiring

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
mine costed 250CDN for mine...OEM ofcourse..... they hardly make aftermarket one for 4 wires....

i went thru 6 Oxygen sensor, 5 of them used /junker/after market, but all failed on me cept for a brand new OEM oxygen sensor.

you decide which to replace with.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
well you can get some pretty good bosche ones.... and usually around $100-150 or so you can even get ones that will withstand methanol too....

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
they switched to the heated 4 wire o2 sensors in the mid/late 90's.... not sure if they were in the ae101/2's but i've heard they were in them later on (which would make sense, as 96 is when obd2 came out and required both the front and rear o2 sensors)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts