Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just trying them on my car for a few weeks to see how I like them...

they are 17" wheels from a base model 2003 infiniti g35 (as u can see i removed the infiniti centercap)

my coworker got new wheels and so i'm borrowing for now to get a feel for them...so far i like them...little bit more road noise...but these bald ass 17" and i used to have the stock 15" with new tires (bought them in november)

the bridgestone turanza's on these wheels are no their last legs....

they are now 215/r55/17 wheels on them i will replace them with 215/r50/17 if possible...

what do you guys think?

i know the pics are dark and the wheels are dirty...but i took these right afteri put the wheels on....

the car has 107k miles on it and i may be replacing the struts when i do that i may just swap in some springs to lower the car an inch or so...

the wheel gap doesn't really bother me too much...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only thing that worries me a little is the fact that my stock wheels have a 38mm offset and these are 45mm

no rubbing (it will probably rub when i have a few ppl in the back seat) but i think a lower profile tire will take care of that...

also because of the offset when i put my stock wheels on to tighten the lug nuts i turn it 9 times with this wheel it was 7 times...

not that big of a difference but just something i noticed!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why are you using wheels from a non toyota car. I'm not liking it in my opinion. It's weird and loses the toyota look.:mad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm using them cuz i'm probably going to get them for free

and if i wouldn't have told you they were from a g35 then you probably wouldn't not have known they are non toyota...

besides i have 108k miles on my car and ijust got it in oct 2000 brand new with 200 miles so i needed something that imo made my car look different and a little better...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll probably drop it when i replace the struts...just don't want to spend th money right now..tryin to buy a house so i'm tryin to save money plus i'm getting married next summer so need to save some $$

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
:donno: something makes them look off balance, but I think with lower pro tries will fix that .... like rapsux says
rapsux2000 said:
They look way better than the stock gen 4/4.5 wheels.
they'll look :thumbsup: with new tires

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jackfrost1031 said:
make sure to get hubcentric rings if you buy em :)
yea i'll get the hubcentric rings when i get new tires....i'm also going to look for toyota centercaps that will fit those wheels i'm sure i'll be able to find them....

i'll probably end up payin $80 for the rims...

and a new set of tires i'll probably get for 400-500

pretty cheap for a set of rims/tires!

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
CLEAN! :thumbup:

just as long as there's no visible infinity insignia, i like em :D

jon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'll get either blank or toyota center caps i took the infiniti ones off and i'll need to get some hub centric rings...

and even after that if i'm not satisfied then i aint keepin em...

60.1 for the yota and 66.7 for the infiniti g35 hub sizes....so...we'll see...

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Looks good so far! :thumbup: Just keep anything "infiniti" off the rims. I thought about taking the rims off of my dad's I35 (6-poke 17s with the sport package), and might convince him to do it when he needs new tires...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts