Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say this is probably the first camry where I like the look of all the trim levels. The media reviews have been pretty much all positive so far. My one critique of the 18 camry would be the headlights. Imo toyota could've done alot more with them. Especially on the le and se. They look very boxy to me. Time will tell, maybe they'll grow on me

·
Registered
438 Posts
Agree about the headlights. They could be styled a little more distinctively, especially since all trims have LEDs. They may have gone for function over form (and that's not a bad thing).

Looking forward to seeing one in person.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was really curious what the 18 accord was gonna look like. I feel like Honda is always a step ahead of toyota when it comes to styling. While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of these headlights on the accord, they at least fit the look of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,665 Posts
Can't say much since I don't own one or seen one in person...nor work on one. I like the overall appearance although I find anything besides the XSE and SE a bit bland regarding the grill when compared to the XSE and SE.

But from someone who drives a manual Camry....Toyota should bring back at least a manual trans for ONE of the trim. At least the Camry has not gone turbo...so kudos for Toyota on keeping N/A in the Camry and the V6.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,426 Posts
^ I agree. I don't know why Toyota stopped offering manual since the Gen 7. I'm looking around in Craigslist for Gen6 with manual and surprisingly, there are a few so I guess I know where to look when I want another Camry with manual.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My main complaints are the fact that the XSE I4 and V6 will look exactly the same from the outside with no differentiation at all between the two models, the lack of fog lamps on any model even though the JDM Camry and those sold outside the U.S. seem to be getting them, and the fact that the price of a totally loaded 2018 XSE V6 has increased $3600 over the 2017 XSE V6.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was really curious what the 18 accord was gonna look like. I feel like Honda is always a step ahead of toyota when it comes to styling. While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of these headlights on the accord, they at least fit the look of the car.
Definitely not a step ahead this time. Someone in Honda hit the 2018 Accord with an ugly stick. By comparison, the Camry is a far more cohesive design, inside and out. It's the winner by a mile, and this is coming from someone who has traditionally bought Honda.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My main complaints are the fact that the XSE I4 and V6 will look exactly the same from the outside with no differentiation at all between the two models, the lack of fog lamps on any model even though the JDM Camry and those sold outside the U.S. seem to be getting them, and the fact that the price of a totally loaded 2018 XSE V6 has increased $3600 over the 2017 XSE V6.
I don't know man, what difference does it make?

On the current model the twin pipe is a dead giveaway but the black headlamp bezel is a subtle reminder you are driving something special.

I think there will be subtle differences.

If not, you can always get a personalized license plate that says

FCRY NAV

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I think there will be subtle differences.
There will be no exterior differences at all between the XSE I4 and V6.
You have a point on paper, just have to wait until they hit the lot.

Toyota's build site changes daily, J vin's are not coming up on my DMV registration site while 4T's are ... according to multiple sites no V6's are on deck nation wide, but are in transit?

This Camry is a hot potato, and even hotter as the new Accord looks like shit!

·
Registered
339 Posts
You have a point on paper, just have to wait until they hit the lot.

Toyota's build site changes daily, J vin's are not coming up on my DMV registration site while 4T's are ... according to multiple sites no V6's are on deck nation wide, but are in transit?

This Camry is a hot potato, and even hotter as the new Accord looks like shit!
XSE and XLE V6s have already hit the lots if you look over at cars.com. My local dealer said a week ago they would get their XSE V6s in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1995 LE
2,330 Posts
^ I agree. I don't know why Toyota stopped offering manual since the Gen 7. I'm looking around in Craigslist for Gen6 with manual and surprisingly, there are a few so I guess I know where to look when I want another Camry with manual.
The gen6 manual has a gear noise when shifting into second especially when cold. I have looked at several and most have had several owners and are base models.

The Gen8 is kinda ugly like the new Accord.
W95c

·
straight cash homie
19,033 Posts
Honestly, the simple explanation is demand...low take rate, not worth the cost to certify and dealers hated them because they took forever to sell. Honda and Mazda are among the few to still offer because those looking for a manual sedan are shopping in their showrooms, and not Toyota's or other competitors (Ford and Hyundai did offer manual but eventually did stop too).

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
There will be no exterior differences at all between the XSE I4 and V6.
I wish. All V6s have the panoramic roof. It's on option on the XSEI4. I'd like to have a V6 without one.
I just built a sweet XSE I4 with the 4.5k audio package in crystal pearl and it MSRP'd out to like 33.9k

Definitely have to do your homework on these new Camrys before you set foot into dealership ( sitting, watching, building, and learning)

Actually, Sunday is the best time to vist dealers in LV as they're closed:)

Take pictures of sticker go home and do homework... only problem, none on the lot :( even though they say they have 12?

Probably on the roof.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Take pictures of sticker go home and do homework... only problem, none on the lot :( even though they say they have 12?

Probably on the roof.
I've found that many dealer online inventory systems are automated and include cars they've ordered some of which may not have yet arrived. :frown:

1 - 20 of 361 Posts