Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
thespud said:
4A-GE Redtop
wtf are you on.... that's an early model (3 bolts on the valve cover) 4a-FE....... dohc slave cam setup

4age parts are completely different.... only similarities is the BLOCK itself and the oil pan..... the 4afe doesn't even have a windage tray

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
wtf are you on.... that's an early model (3 bolts on the valve cover) 4a-FE....... dohc slave cam setup

4age parts are completely different.... only similarities is the BLOCK itself and the oil pan..... the 4afe doesn't even have a windage tray

chill man, ease on the coffee! the guy made a mistake, no need to rub it in!:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wondering... What is that engine out of and what year? I find it to be pretty interesting It looks more primitive but kind of 4g63'ish. I know its smaller and completely unrelated my second vehicle has a MIT_4g63. Just curious.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
um..... a 4afe looks nothing like a 4g63...... 4g63 has the cam gears on the other side, has both cam gears on the timing belt..... the cam gears sit higher than the valve cover.... along with that.... the 4g63 is a lot bigger of an engine....

trust me on this one.... worked on a buddies 4g63t many times.... and even though he dyno'd at 467whp at all 4 wheels..... he was at the track and broke his center diff in the 1/4 mile... got pissed and is parting it out... he hates how unreliable the thing is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.