Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am new in the forum and I'm looking for help!. I have a 2007 Corolla and I heard that is possible put more hp through a turbocharger or a supercharger and keep the economy fuel of it. I don't know how correct is this but sounds cool!!, can somebody give some information about this and the prices, more or less, in the market for the components!!??
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi lerxst, I am almost complete new on this, so I don't know what it means 120 shot of nitrous, can you explain me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks hardtopte72, yes, I think this is what I am looking. Do you know how much fuel economy will it lose?, I am looking for more power, but not too much, and sacrifice some economy it's acceptable for me.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
588 Posts
If you don't even know what nitrous is...you shouldn't be boosting it. Forced induction is most definitetly not a mod for noobs. You have to know what you're doing...and have a hefty surplus of funds.

·
Automotive Philosopher
123 Posts
My old Volvo is tubocharged from the factory. Things that Volvo did to the motor -- in addition to adding the turbocharger -- included a heftier engine block, a forged crankshaft and an intercooler. The ECU, pistons, valves, etc are all different -- even the clutch and transmission are beefier, IIRC.

From a financial perspective it might be most economical to purchase an older performance car as a hobby to modify, and keep the Corolla intact as a daily driver.

As for nitrous...

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/users/parmega/articles/neon/

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,060 Posts
The 1ZZFE has shown its capability to support low levels of boost with no mods. It's a pretty tough engine especially when considering the sheer numbers they were produced in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On a funny side note, we used to rent a Dodge Neon on Fridays, drill one hole, run a nitro package, and hit the drag strip. Its amazing what a 75 shot did for that car

Then we'd return it on Saturday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
TurboCharger
Exhaust Manifold
Exhaust Manifold Gasket
Intake Piping and T-clamps
Intercooler
Intercooler fan and shroud
Oil lines and connectors
Coolant lines and connectors
ByPass valve or Blow off valve
Vacuum Lines
Down pipe.
Wastegate (if not internally gated)
You will probably have to modify the exhaust to accept down pipe
Larger Fuel Injectors
Possibly different Fuel ail to accept injectors
Higher capacity fuel pump
Boost Controller
Boost Gauge
175 degree thermostat
Engine Management system of some type
Stage 2 clutch
And a very good tune.
It's a major undertaking when done correctly.
Anything less, and your engine life will be very short.

·
Registered
2007 Mazdaspeed3
1,410 Posts
Just be careful with the boost pressure. These don't have forged rods AFAIK. And leave the factory rev limiter in place (6500) because some have reported valve float as early as 7000 RPM.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
It's all about proper tuning. My MR2 Turbo came stock with aluminum alloy pistons and the rods are not forged. Factory stock boost pressure was 12psi.
Not that I would recommend that for this application. I would go 7-8 psi.
Intake charge cooling, ignition timing and proper fuel/air ratio is the key.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts