Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i noticed in my base HL i has a clock and others have a type of lcd with the mpg reading and maybe tyre preassure what is this lcdor system called i would like to get it and what other features does it display besides just the mpg you are getting?

·
<Insert title here>
372 Posts
Its called the multi-function display. I'd be surprised if you can add it if it wasn't added by the factory. For my LTD, it displays: Climate Control settings, Outside Temp, Clock, Blower Speed, Instantaneous MPG, Range Miles, Avg MPG, and a history of the last five AVG MPGs periods that were determined when it was reset.

·
<Insert title here>
372 Posts
Oh, it also has warnings (such as keyfob not detected), warnings and illustration of open doors, etc.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Plus the current tire pressures, even in the spare! (Limited only)
i looked around on line and at $1,500 it is a bit expensive.
i have tps in my base also on the spare i might look under the dash to see if it has the harness if it does i will look around to see if i can find a crashed 08 with the parts i need and purchase it from the yard.

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
Would you need the digital climate controls too?

·
<Insert title here>
372 Posts
I have a Limited and have never seen the tire pressures on the display. What am I doing wrong?
Yes, me too - I do not see the Tire Pressures on the MFD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted to do this for my base highlander as well .. The MFD is about $1300 the car is pre wired and has the cables behind the clock that plugs into the MFD, I checked as i changed the stock radio for a pioneer Z3. The only thing is we would need is the "DISP" control button that mounts on the steering wheel that controls the MFD. From what Ive found you would not be able to switch between menu's, maybe someone with a sport of LTD can confirm if the MFD is touch screen or the button is needed.

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
I wanted to do this for my base highlander as well .. The MFD is about $1300 the car is pre wired and has the cables behind the clock that plugs into the MFD, I checked as i changed the stock radio for a pioneer Z3. The only thing is we would need is the "DISP" control button that mounts on the steering wheel that controls the MFD. From what Ive found you would not be able to switch between menu's, maybe someone with a sport of LTD can confirm if the MFD is touch screen or the button is needed.
It's not touch-screen, I'm pretty sure the only way you can switch is with the "Disp" button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i called the dealer i was quoted at about $170 for the Steering controls and i got the mfd in ebay lets just hope when i get it it works.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
do you mean you have an extra connector because the cable that goes to the clock is not the same that goes to the mfd, please confirm i only removed the air vent not the radio maybe the cable is behind the radio and i did not remove it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i guess i got to live with no mfd i took it all apart i did not see any extra cables the only thing i did see was a blue harness cap at the end look at the pictures

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think there is a wide ribbon cable going to the digital clock, which may be also compatible with the MFD. Maybe you need to remove the clock and plug in the wide cable in MFD, add steering control and then it will work?

I'm curious too...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts