Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Sienna. A couple of weeks ago, the MIL came on. We took it to a local shop and they said that the code P1153 was set. They then tried to sell us on replacing both of the front O2 sensors. My wife took the car in and I was a bit skeptical. From what she told me, it didn't sound like they did any real diagnosis to verify which sensor was bad and IF it was really bad at all or just a fluke.

I told her to leave. I bought my own scanner and watched the live data on my hour + ride into work. I did not see anything blatantly out of the ordinary, but I also do not know what normal should be. No new codes were set and the computer saw the O2 sensors as OK.

What is a normal operating range for the following, or what should I be looking for?

ST FTRM1
LT FTRM1
ST FTRM2
LT FTRM2

MAF (lb/min)

O2S12 (v)

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason

·
Banned
473 Posts
I have a 2000 Sienna. A couple of weeks ago, the MIL came on. We took it to a local shop and they said that the code P1153 was set. They then tried to sell us on replacing both of the front O2 sensors. My wife took the car in and I was a bit skeptical. From what she told me, it didn't sound like they did any real diagnosis to verify which sensor was bad and IF it was really bad at all or just a fluke.

I told her to leave. I bought my own scanner and watched the live data on my hour + ride into work. I did not see anything blatantly out of the ordinary, but I also do not know what normal should be. No new codes were set and the computer saw the O2 sensors as OK.

What is a normal operating range for the following, or what should I be looking for?

ST FTRM1
LT FTRM1
ST FTRM2
LT FTRM2

MAF (lb/min)

O2S12 (v)

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason
Problem....

The output of the oxygen sensors is a fairly low frequency AC waveform but the values you see on the scanner are an instantaneous sampling of the constantly varying output voltage. Absent a more intelligent scanner that displays the long term waveform the best you can do is reset the MIL and wait for it to return...or not.

And you need a factory trouble-shooting flow chart, procedure for a DIY.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts