It was a 2000 or 2001 Regular Cab 4X4, Green, Towing package(regular and gooseneck), with 85K miles.... (This truck will be used primarily for towing.)
. I imagine it will wholesale for 6-7K. I am looking for a beater so the dents and other problems do not bother me but with the dealership wanting to be rid of the pickup I think I might be able to get a good deal. I only have a few concerns...
if you where looking for a pickup for a beater in this condition what would you offer them?
- front LH fog light is busted (not that big of a deal)
- The Paint is in bad shape. It looks like someone had driven it through the forest. A lot of scratches from what appear to be limbs or someone had spent a good 2 hours keying it.
- The LH side of the bumper has hit something. It looks like it had been backed up into a pole. It is bent enough where the bumper is digging into the back of the pickup.
- Has rust spots because of the bumper.
- The bed has had several heavy loads (Lumber, pipe, etc)
- The bed has several dents and bends in it.
- Tailgate does not want to shut.
- easily $3000+ worth of cosmetic repairs
- If the truck is that cosmetically hurt who says that they have not treated the engine with the same respect?
- What if the truck has been in a wreck and damaged frame (forgot to get vin for carfax but i'm just looking not serious)
- What did the previous owner tow with that truck?