Toyota Nation Forum banner

What is the absolute best spark plugs for 2009 Camry 4-cylinder?

916 18
Hello,

It's time to change my 2009 Camry (4-cylinder) spark plugs (~60,000 miles), and I want to treat the engine to the absolute best spark plug brand in the market. (Price doesn't matter; I go for the best quality)

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2004 Solara SLE Convertible, 3.3 V6
1,510 Posts
And if you want to upgrade from iridium (and that is certainly NOT necessary) you could go for ruthenium.

I would not be changing out iridium plugs at 60K, that's barely more than half their expected life under typical conditions.

· イリジウム
15,274 Posts
Just use whatever was specified in the manual over the dealer counter. That way you only blame Toyota if anything goes wrong.

That said, I prefer NGK. Use Laser Iridium for long service life. I'm willing to try their Ruthenium plugs next, sounds real nice. Clearly I think NGK ignition products are the best.

So as other said, "best" is subjective. And many might gradually come to the conclusion that NGK Ruthenium is the best.

· Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
2,383 Posts
Hello,

It's time to change my 2009 Camry (4-cylinder) spark plugs (~60,000 miles), and I want to treat the engine to the absolute best spark plug brand in the market. (Price doesn't matter; I go for the best quality)

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you!
Whatever Denso or NGK plug Toyota designates for your vehicle.

· Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
2,219 Posts
“Twin tip” spark plug, whether it’s iridium center electrode or NGK Ruthenium center electrode

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see, that's great to know that they can last even 300k 😮 My engine also starts very easily and smoothly so far.

Now a related question: do I need to do any periodic cleaning/(or anything else) for the plugs? Or just let them go until I'm ready to replace them?

Thanks!

· Registered
175 Posts
I thought Toyota had switched to Iridium plugs in the 2002 models on, but perhaps maybe not with the V6s?
My camry was made in late 2002 it had ngk platinum and that is what i put back in it. I also ran same in my 600ninja yrs back put 60k on them and always ran them in my 2 stroke dirt bikes and never fouled a plug again. 2 stroke dirt bikes foul plugs pretty regular due to premix gas.

· straight cash homie
25,558 Posts
My camry was made in late 2002 it had ngk platinum and that is what i put back in it. I also ran same in my 600ninja yrs back put 60k on them and always ran them in my 2 stroke dirt bikes and never fouled a plug again. 2 stroke dirt bikes foul plugs pretty regular due to premix gas.
I'm looking at the NGK site and it looks like both are compatible (4 cylinder and V6 same plugs), though I think from the factory they came with Iridiums and not Platinum plugs. Even many older Toyotas from the 90s can use the newer Iridium plugs rather than the platinum plugs that came from the factory. I know with my old RAV4, I switched over to Iridiums from Platinums once I knew that they were compatible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts