Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was just wondering what is the difference between the 09 and the 10 as i am thinking of buying one. Did they Fix any issues that people were having with the 09 about the rpm, the grinding etc.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
Use the search...Luke....( heavy dark laboured breathing...)
;)

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I was doing some research on them...just so i can help out in here some (i'm a Camry guy). I believe they added traction control and stability control as standard features across all models. I know in '09 they were options.

As for issues i don't know.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not really sure what issues your are referring to, I believe they specific to certain batches, not the entire model year.

Obviously, as the model gets older, more options become standard. But they didn't reinvent it, its still an economy car that has a few rattles, motivated by the front wheels through an efficient 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
still didn't find the answer to the question above, "Did they fix the 2009 issues on the 2010 Corolla"?

only way to find out if the issues were fixed or resolved is to drive a 2010 corolla. no one really knows. my wife and i bought the 2009 corolla not knowing that problematic issues are going to arise in some units. but ours still have the one and only issue which is the static reception of some FM radio stations. other than that we have never experience any issues to this day and the car is almost a year old.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Probably all that extra clearcoat

Had to be said dude :rofl:

·
Registered
107 Posts
4 out of 5 dentists agree the '10 is better than the '09.

If you experience dizzyness or shortness of breath, do not buy the '10 and call your doctor.

Side effects from buying the '10 have been reported, including diarrhea, bleeding, fainting and erections lasting longer than four hours.

Your mileage may vary...

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
The difference.....12 months and a thousand dollars.
All 09 problems have been fixed, but now you have the 2010 problems to deal with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are a whole list of problems with the'10. Use the search:

Oil gelling in the 2.4 (now the only engine in '10)
Premature burn out of the optional HIDs
Problems with the 5spd trans now that it's standard across the line
Ditto with the rear disc brakes
Body kits falling off the LE and XLE's
CAI fouling the MAF's
and tons more squeaks and rattles

So glad I got an '09... :rolleyes:

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts

CAI fouling the MAF's

... :lol:

I wish mine came with HIDs & CAI

·
Registered
259 Posts

CAI fouling the MAF's

Assuming the truth of your post, have IQ's suddendly plummeted at Toyota? How can a newer version with minor cosmetic differences be worse than its predecessor?:confused:

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Assuming the truth of your post, have IQ's suddendly plummeted at Toyota? How can a newer version with minor cosmetic differences be worse than its predecessor?:confused:
LOL his post is total BS... The MY2010's have fixed a lot of the '09 issues. But not a biggie. I still love my 2009

·
'09 Toyota Corolla S
'09 TOYOTA Corolla S
52 Posts
...newer version with minor cosmetic differences ...
I wondered what those minor cosmetic differences are?
I went to my dealership least week for oil change, and while I was waiting there I have had a chance to take a look at the new Corollas. I did not notice even a bit of difference. They all (at least their exterior) looked to me the same as my '09 Corolla. Did I miss/overlook anything? :confused:

·
Registered
'16 Highlander LTD
529 Posts
If all the '09 issues were fixed, does this mean the top 2 (clock & outside temp display in left side of insturment cluster) were moved to the radio's lcd display so the passenger could see both at the same time?

I also see the EPA city/highway MPG figures both dropped 1MPG, now 26/34 for the 1.8L
The '09's were 27/35

1 - 20 of 64 Posts