Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone has gotten out of e Gen3?

Also, is there a replacement for these in toyotas future?
 

·
Registered
Turbo 2
Joined
·
56 Posts
TYPICALLY THERE IS A FORMULA FOR GAINING HORSEPOWER.... IT GOES LIKE THIS...

MORE MONEY+SKILL+TIME= MORE HORSEPOWER GAIN

IT ALL REALLY DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU PUT INTO IT... (MONEY-WISE AND TIME-WISE)

A GOOD EX. OF WELL SPENT TIME AND SKILL + MONEY IS JEFFEREY BURKE'S SW20:clap: YOU CAN CHECK OUT HIS VIDEOS ON EXTREMEBOOST.COM (800 + H.P.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,005 Posts
Mr2SlOw... said:
TYPICALLY THERE IS A FORMULA FOR GAINING HORSEPOWER.... IT GOES LIKE THIS...

MORE MONEY+SKILL+TIME= MORE HORSEPOWER GAIN

IT ALL REALLY DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU PUT INTO IT... (MONEY-WISE AND TIME-WISE)

A GOOD EX. OF WELL SPENT TIME AND SKILL + MONEY IS JEFFEREY BURKE'S SW20:clap: YOU CAN CHECK OUT HIS VIDEOS ON EXTREMEBOOST.COM (800 + H.P.)

one..please stop using all caps....two..isn't jeff's car a gen 2 motor??...
 

·
Registered
Turbo 2
Joined
·
56 Posts
MRQturbo said:
one..please stop using all caps....two..isn't jeff's car a gen 2 motor??...

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH WRITING IN ALL CAPS???? If you dont have anything good to say then just dont say anything at all... you think because your a big name in this site that you can say whatever u want.... :nono: :gfy: jack ass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
\isn't there a guy in here who has a shiny mr2 avatar? he does hill climb, auto x, and drag or something? is that the guy u guys are talking about? thats a sick mr2, i think he has like 500 or something hp

but i think aman0 is just asking how much power the 3sgte can handle, possible on stock internals before the motor blows on u

and aman0, i havn't heard anyting on a future mr2
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Mr2SlOw... said:
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH WRITING IN ALL CAPS???? If you dont have anything good to say then just dont say anything at all... you think because your a big name in this site that you can say whatever u want.... :nono: :gfy: jack ass
I don't think you personally attacking the mods is a great way to get on their good side. MRQ is one of the most leanient mods on this forum... don't get all offended because he told you to stop writing in caps. It is obnoxious.... nobody wants to read it. There used to be a filter that stopped people from doing that.... don't know what happened to it. You should probably stop with the CAPS and talking shit to the mods.

Here are the FORUM RULES... http://toyotanation.com/forum/t1779.html

Those are not the MRQ rules.... or the MR2 forum rules. Read them.... follow them... and you will do just fine. Pay special attention to #9, 12 and 15.


BTW: I am pretty sure Jeff's car is a 5SGTE 2.4L Stroker.
 

·
92 MR2 Turbo
92 mr2 Turbo
Joined
·
162 Posts
I think jeff has 2 engines one for drag and the other for hill climb. one is a 3s-gte(drag) , the other a stroker(hill climb). but i dont khow if i am correct :) i think one time he posted something like that about the engines. And back to the topic well you can get enough HP from a 3s-gte to make your dreams come true ;) .
 

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
19,832 Posts
Mr2SlOw... said:
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH WRITING IN ALL CAPS???? If you dont have anything good to say then just dont say anything at all... you think because your a big name in this site that you can say whatever u want.... :nono: :gfy: jack ass
whats that all about? I thought you were pretty cool after reading many of your posts.
but not using all caps is in the rules. why- I'm not sure, but those are the rules...he's just doing his job and was polite about it...and Russ is right, he is very leanient. that was really uncalled for....I like all the help, advice and knowledge you share here, so please maintain your cool...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Zero turbo said:
I think jeff has 2 engines one for drag and the other for hill climb. one is a 3s-gte(drag) , the other a stroker(hill climb).
i am like 80% sure its the same engine. may just be different tunes. seen it hillclimb once but not drag.
 

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
19,832 Posts
I think he only has one motor for Hyde-which he uses for strip and hill climb. very versitile car. I think he finally destroyed Hydes motor -after 200,000plus miles- and IS building a stroker for it for the next season
 

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
lol ... and the real answer is:

I've raced the last 4 years on ONE engine that had about 200,000 miles on it.
We dynoed at a max of 440 rwhp, but we have run more than that at the track.

I've only ever had one engine and one tune.
The only thing I change from the drag strip to the hillclimb is the rims & tires.

We did NOT kill that engine. It was running fine when we removed it (except the HG needed to be replaced).

ATS is building a 2.2 stroker engine for Hyde for this season.
Hopefully we will have that engine in a few weeks.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top