Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering about the REAL fuel economy in real driving condition? Toyota Canada website claim for Corolla CE/S/LE 1.8L w/ 5-spd manual :

City : 7.1L/100 KM (40 MPG)
HWY : 5.3L/100 KM (53 MPG)

Is it true? Is it less? Is it more??

For Canadian's owner, I assume you probably need around 40$ (CDN) to full the tank (regular unleaded), but how much KM are you driving with a full tank (all day driving style)?

The funny thing is Toyota claim than Corolla appear to have almost the same fuel economy than Echo... I kinda sceptical for a bigger and heavier car than Echo. Anyway, the best thing to do is to ask the OWNER about the real fuel economy! :D

Thanks!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Same fuel economy for the corolla 2004S was posted by toyota. and i'm gettin between 7.4-10 depending on whether i use my a/c, heater, jackrabbiting, city driving, reving rpm a lot or not.

gonna try to keep my rpm around 2000rpm and see if it 'll lower my fuel economy rating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I hope, cause almost 10L is A LOT!!

My Sentra SE-R take between 10L to 12L on sportive driving, but it was 175 HP... but my SE-R requiert premium unleaded.

Next spring I'll try to change it for a more economic's car, cause I'm driving a lot of KM each year and it cost me A LOT of gas (around 300$ each month for gas). :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
lately i've been gettin 7.6l/100km on average..so it's not that bad...and i do a lot of highway driving at around 3000rpm.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
I've been getting about 500km on 38L with the XRS and there's no way I'm being fuel conscious (quite the opposite).

So that's about 7.6l/100km.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound good guys! :thumbup:

It appear to be a fuel economic vehicule. In the past, I own a Nissan Sentra GXE (w/ 1.8L engine, 120 HP) and I run 450 KM with 45L (regular unleaded) at max, that's mean 10L / 100KM and this is the vehicule with the better fuel economy from Nissan...

Overally, I'm satisfied of the Nissan cars I own (total of 3), they are reliable and great quality vehicules, but the fuel economy is a VERY MAJOR problem with Nissan! I don't know if they plan to do something to make thier entry level cars more fuel economic, because for my own case, I'll never buy a Nissan vehicule anymore for this reason. :thumbdown

Toyota appear to offer the best fuel economy on the entire market in all range of car (subcompact, compact, ect), but excluding electrics or diesel cars as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts