Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2019 Corolla SE. What is this thick plastic bar on the windshield? I can’t find anything about it in the manual. It has no writing on either side
Car Plant Window Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
908 Posts
Most likely a dealer Radio Frequency tag. They have a special scanner that when you take it in for service it pulls up the car's history. Or it's an inventory control tag.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Not sure, but could be a dealer's temporary security transponder/tracker.
Like when they let you do a few days of test driving a vehicle at home over the weekend?

Reactions: sdspeed

·
Registered
'21 Corolla SE Apex - 6MT - 👽
2,504 Posts
5G tracking device

·
Registered
21 Corolla HB, 18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD
507 Posts
Never seen that before

·
Registered
2021 Corolla SE CVT
159 Posts
Most likely a dealer Radio Frequency tag. They have a special scanner that when you take it in for service it pulls up the car's history. Or it's an inventory control tag.
I would bet it is something like this. Either way it would function just like a toll tag. A reader can read the ID of a tag from some distance, but only nearby.
Some companies put them on pallets now, since the sticker types have gotten to be around 5¢

·
Registered
507 Posts
Someone posted the same thing on Tacoma World... It may have been a fleet vehicle another person said it could be a toll booth scanner. This next post I copied from Tacoma World

·
Registered
507 Posts
I talked to a sales man at our local Toyota dealer after I saw one of these stickers on a new vehicle. According to him............this is a scanner inventory system tool that the South East Toyota division uses for all new vehicles. He also said these are supposed to be removed during the intial detailing when the new inventory arrives to the lot. I'll get a second opinion somday, but what he says does make sense as my truck was sold new in the SE division area and I was told this by a salesman in Florida. Just not 100% conviced yet. Oh, and there is no visible barcode that I have been able to see with the naked eye. Just a black rectangle sticker.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They use them at the processing yard. We had them at Volkswagen at port of Houston if we had to move a car to a different parking spot or to have it prepared for dealership delivery we could use our scanner and scan it it makes it easier when ya have 30k cars to mess with

1 - 10 of 10 Posts