Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about what is this plug for and where the WHT BLK and BLU wires come from? My 2015LE just have an empty space there.
Is that related to the side turn signals?.. or something else?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi @rm72pr ..
Are these sockets located below the steering column or near the foot pedals near the fusebox ?
Thanks,
AP
Near the foot pedals, covered by the kick panel

What are you trying to do?
To see and compare how everything is wired from factory for the power mirrors and side turn signals on the S model so i can do a mirror swap on my LE
(Also with power and heat mirrors).

I already know i'll have to swap the complete harness on the doors because the mirrors connectors aren't the same. But i'm not sure where else to look beyond the connectors under the kick panels.

A detailed diagram would help but i can't find one..

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Find the connector with the wires or the right size terminal and you are mostly golden. No clue how routing the wire will be.
The connectors are the same for the remote mirrors on both sides..

It's just that the female plug on connector HE1 (Or GE1 on passenger side), is not pinned on the LE door harness (for obvious reasons) like the male plug is.
On pin #10 is where i got the signal from.

So all i need now is to get the new harness and it'll be all plugNplay :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am trying to remember from when I added a backup camera to my daughter's car. That might be the plug for that, just a guess.
My car came with camera, but it doesn't have that plug.🤷‍♂️
I first tough it was part of the wiring for the side mirrors turn signals, but now i know it doesn't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts