Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2017 Limited, there is a vent just below the VSC and back power window switches and above the tire pressure reset switch. Anybody know the function of this vent? I was thinking of installing a Prodigy P2 brake controller in the area between the switches, that is, over the vent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Sequoia
25 Posts
Not sure but on another TOYOTA I had that was the microphone hole for the glass breakage sensor for the Toyota VIP installed vehicle alarm. I checked on my 2012 Sequoia Platinum and I have that hole too. A check of the paperwork that came with the SUV shows that I have the Glass breakage sensor option.

I put the same option on my Prius after I bought the car and had the dealer install it. If it indeed is the sensor I highly recommend that you do not block the hole. The glass breakage sensor will prevent thieves from breaking your window and taking something sitting on the seat or crawl in the vehicle without setting off the alarm. If you don’t have the glass breakage sensor a thief can break the window and reach or crawl in without the alarm going off if they don’t open the door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts