Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of struts are you guys using when lowering your 5th gen celicas. I'm about to obtain a set of SPrint lowering springs, 1.5 dropp all around. NOW, the car has KYB GR-2's in the back, s they will be kept, what should I use in the front ?? Koni Yellow, or just something like monroe or gabriel ?

John

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Go with a high perfromance shock, Koni yellows are the best but are quite expensive, if you go with other cheaper or direct OEM replacement shocks these will wear out faster because your spring is shorter and that would keep the shock compressed all the time thus will have a shorter travel making them work harder and lasting less.

I installed a set of OEM Tokicos on the rear and a pair of Monroe Sensa-Tracks on the front last December, the car has hardly done 20.000 Kms and they are on their way out.

A set of Konis would cost me USD 650, too much for my unemployed budget, so I decided to get, what many consider to be the next best thing to Koni: Bilstein.

BTW. I have Eibach Prokit installed (also a 1.5' drop)

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
www.eshocks.com I got a complete set of Bilsteins for USD 371, S & H was free since the order was over USD 200. I think they ship to Canada, give it a try.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a set of Koni Yellow shocks on Eibach Sportline (1.5 inch drop) If your interested in the whole set up, pm me and well talk. Very nice setup and the shocks are adjustable. The handling is greatly improved with this setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts