Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window sticker for my truck says 1992 EXTRACAB DLX. Neat that it was in the glovebox when I got the truck. What makes a truck an SR5 and would the sticker say it?

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
SR5 refers to trim levels.

DLX is base if im not mistaken. You would get an SR5 truck when you added on some of the sr5 options. I.E SR5 interior package, moon roof ,chrome etc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
my truck is a Sr5 and I don't have any options, except cruise; which doesn't work!

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
my 93 is an sr5 (was), had chrome bumpers, exterior trim, a/c, clock, Cruise, cloth buckets, rear abs, intm wipers, tilt steering, SR5 Cluster, alloy rims. I do not have PW, PM, PDL or the moon roof some came with. Still have not found conclusive, solid evidence as to what is and is not part of SR5. I think all the power options and the moonroof, are additions to the SR5 Package. Some sites suggest the inclusion of ABS and or Cruise made it a true SR5, with the Power options being just that, options. until we see some original sales literature, that may or may not have the otion packages, who knows.

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
think I found the Grail of what's what, at this site http://www.toyotareference.com/truck#TR

this site seems to have most of the original sales brochures. will have to grab the data and make a spreadsheet.

Reactions: HEAVY_GD

·
Registered
1994 toyota shortbox
119 Posts
Interesting website. My 94 also has chrome side mirrors, was this part of the optional chrome package?

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
not sure, as I have the sr5 93, everything points to my truck being and SR5 with upgrades, but the brochure says the buckets (which I have) are only available for the DLX model (but the 4x2, they were an option in the sr5 model), guess it is a guidline and not a solid, iron clad ruling. I would assume maybe your mirrors were part of the chrome package.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
94 2wd xcab dlx
automatic A43D 22re
A/C
P/S
Cruise control
intermittent wipers
vent windows with the mounted on door mirrors
3.73 rear end, 7.5" F code
split bench up front
radio/cassette combo
2 4" front speakers
factory drop in bed liner
14"x6" steel wheels, holes type
factory polished aluminum hub cap? "5 spoke"
grayish interior
single cupholder
column shifter
tilt steering
no tach on instrument cluster

no balls acceleration.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
I've found that on each of the trim levels you could get options a la carte. My current '94 2WD Xtra Cab has A/C, no tach, a clock, no tilt wheel, no vent wings, sport stripes, dual rear windows, floormats, tape player, and chrome grille and bumpers. I've seen DLXs online that have some of these, all of these, or just a few. I've seen some with A/C and tach, but no clock...or a tilt wheel, no tach, and no A/C.

SR5's were nicer than DLXs and most do have all the luxuries like Power mirrors, windows, locks, standard A/C, tach, etc, but I've seen some that don't have Power mirrors and maybe windows and locks, but those are rare. I saw one on eBay with the factory CD player! Now THAT is rare.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My truck has: Sr5 cluster, auto-lock front hubs, cruise, tilt, int wipers, sliding rear window, bench seat, AM/FM radio(no cassette), factory rubber bed mat, steel wheels, chrome bumpers

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
dlx is step up from base, midway from sr5?
In the 80's the DLX or DX was the base model.
There wasn't really any rhyme or reason to the SR5 package.
My 84 has PS, power windows and antenna, sun roof, AC, gauge cluster with tach, AM/FM/cassette with separate eq ...
My 89 has PS, AC and a rear window defroster.
Both are SR5's.

·
Registered
1994 toyota shortbox
119 Posts
If you use the Model # that is shown on the inside of the driver's door pillar, the seventh digit will tell you the trim grade of your truck, as explained in the link that I posted above. Mine has a "R", for standard grade. A "D" means deluxe and "S" is the SR5 trucks. Check your model#'s to see if this is correct for the level of trim you have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts