Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I've had these two forever, and can never find the model number for them.

They're either 8'' or 10'' MTX subs. I'm pretty sure they're 10'', as i haven't found any MTX under 10" anywhere. i'll link to a picture, too. When i bought them, i was a bit of a n00b to this stuff, and the guy only told me they were 400w. i'm assuming 400w/each as i'm running 550w through them now, with no trouble. but i'd like to find out what they are so i can get the sensitivity levels, and rms ratings, etc for sure. thanks for your help. here's the link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v313/speshulldroo/Camrymobile/

.... and any help you can give me identifing amp model numbers and such is majorly awesome, too. i threw out all the papers (stupidly) for my Roadgear 250w (silver). and i got the dark green Legacy 300w from my neighbor for free. it's an old used one. Both are 2-channel.

·
nub
313 Posts
if you take them out of the enclosure there should be a model number on the back.

use a measureing tool to see how big they are.

then google should get you the specs if they are out of date

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i take them out of the enclosure, then put them back in, that shouldn't break the seal on the box, should it? i mean it should still be airtight and whatnot?

·
Registered
Highlander
1,471 Posts
No, you won't break the seal if you take the subs out and check the model numbers.

·
nub
313 Posts
i've never heard of/seen any sort of air seal behind a sub...just the box itself.

just make sure you hit the same screw holes

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
look like MTX 4000 to me :dunno:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
actually it will make the hold of the screws weaker unless you have threads in there and not wood screws. but you should be ok if you only do it once:thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i pulled one out..... and all it had on the back was the serial number and IST 239R. that doesn't match any MTX sub... and yahoo search is giving me nothing..... :( what's my next idea?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
Speshull Droo said:
well, i pulled one out..... and all it had on the back was the serial number and IST 239R. that doesn't match any MTX sub... and yahoo search is giving me nothing..... :( what's my next idea?
doesnt it say MTX on the front of the subs in the picture ??? thats odd:confused:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
kenratboy said:
I think t-nuts are the shit when building speakers. Drill a hole where the woofer mounting screws go in, and install these guys:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=41&ObjectGroup_ID=259&filter=nuts

You can take the driver in and out, and it is just like unscrewing a lightbulb (metal to metal)

I use them and love them.
those are exactly what i was talking about i notice on pimp my ride and all those other "ride" show never do it how cheap is that? and they call themselves profesionals:mad:

anyway take a pic of the subs maybe we can i dentify them:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's dark here, and i dunno if my dig cam has flash..... so i guess pictures wait until tomorrow. but they pretty much look like any other speaker, with only the serial number and "IST 239R" on the back. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts