Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i no this topic of which brand is best, neon verses led

I have decided on getting Street Glows 7 color changing kit

I was wondering what everybody else that has an underbody kit has and what they think of it

Also how much did you pay and buy from

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Do you have control of the color of the lights with that Kit or does it just keep changing.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
EWWW!!! LED's. They aren't that bright :(

I had a generic brand neon kit on my car, but I sold it. It was bright as hell.

Just the front beam:

The front beam was bright enough that you could see it on the back wall of my garage:

I like neons personally. Those only cost me $55.00. And that included shipping:)

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I have a blue Street Glow underbody kit and I have a Redline 36" Blue Neon that lights up my trunk when I open it. The Redline neon is A LOT brighter then my Street Glow neons so I'm thinking about replacing the Street Glows soon

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
NEONS! Ha i love em- i got my underbody kit for like $50 more or less shipped off ebay and it is dope- i buy all my neons from ebay-pretty bright and neon light is neon light- only differences can really be in the reflectors then i have 2 neons on the inside trunk lid- another in the trunk- and i am gonna drop a couple 36 inchers in the trunk- the 4 underbody and then 5 interior- 2 under dash, 2 on the ceiling hidden by windshield and back glass and then 1 under the rear bench... Only problem i had was i got some work done on my car and the dudes lifted it up with their jack and broke the two side underbodies so i gotta get new ones... but all and all imo- neons act pretty much the same across the board- i have seen many different types

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
theamazingnate said:
i have 2 neons on the inside trunk lid- another in the trunk- and i am gonna drop a couple 36 inchers in the trunk- the 4 underbody and then 5 interior- 2 under dash, 2 on the ceiling hidden by windshield and back glass and then 1 under the rear bench...
...there's a reason your car caught fire bro

;) j/k

:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well if you get some plexiglass to cover it I dont think they would.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
kasimmmmm said:
do the lights get damaged when u go through the automated car washes, because of all the water pressure from the underbody cleaning :confused:
Every kit I have ever seen has acrylic protecting the neon bulb. So as long as you don't do a high pressure undercarriage wash, you'll be fine.

DREW!! Get neons!

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
Lol.

I just reinstalled my front and rear one.

The side ones are hell to put in for me on my Solara WITH the TRD side skirts.

WEll, my experience, they blew when driven through winter. One did crack. They look "ok" to me.

(I'm talking about Street Glow and I paid $200 installed at local shop)

I think go with something more durable than street glo~

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
I have lite-glow underbody LED's. They are bright, but the problem is they act more like spotlights, they don't cover the ground totally. Mine have a controller to change the patterns, and a remote kit, and i got it all for around $100. It is not that hard to install yourself. Just set aside a couple of hours and you can do it yourself. The good thing about LED's compared to neons is that I hit a stump in a parking lot (I don't know what it was doing there) and it cracked the casing. I taped it back together and it works fine, not a single bulb was damaged. With regular neons you would have to replace it. Good luck with whatever you choose. Neons are all cool.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Neon lights are gay.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Post whoring is not allowed on this forum :)

Ostornadoe said:
I have lite-glow underbody LED's. They are bright, but the problem is they act more like spotlights, they don't cover the ground totally. Mine have a controller to change the patterns, and a remote kit, and i got it all for around $100. It is not that hard to install yourself. Just set aside a couple of hours and you can do it yourself. The good thing about LED's compared to neons is that I hit a stump in a parking lot (I don't know what it was doing there) and it cracked the casing. I taped it back together and it works fine, not a single bulb was damaged. With regular neons you would have to replace it. Good luck with whatever you choose. Neons are all cool.
Actually the bulb in neon light kits is protected by an acrylic casing that surrounds the bulb (if you would have read my post above, you would know that). So even if you hit comething, it will only crack the outside casing. You would have to hit it pretty damn hard to break the bulb too.

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
You are right, my fault. I just forgot about it because when I had regular neons for a while I cracked the housing, and I guess the acrylic casing and the gases inside the neon were let out, so I had to get new ones, which is when I tried out LED's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts