Toyota Nation Forum banner

what offsets work for 2007 camry? please help!

16K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  davidtapia305 
#1 ·
hi
im seeing people with rwd lexus wheels on fwd camrys, i know stock offset of +45 for camry, i see the lexus wheels as offsets of 40-50, i was looking at 18" rims off a nissan 350 z with offset of 30? would that cause problems? id be using a 225/45/18 tire. the rims are on a 2000 nissan maxima now
thanks alot in adavance, need experts!
dan

#2 ·
hi
im seeing people with rwd lexus wheels on fwd camrys, i know stock offset of +45 for camry, i see the lexus wheels as offsets of 40-50, i was looking at 18" rims off a nissan 350 z with offset of 30? would that cause problems? id be using a 225/45/18 tire. the rims are on a 2000 nissan maxima now
thanks alot in adavance, need experts!
dan
They will stick out about 1/4" pass the fenders.

#6 · (Edited)
40mm will put you flush. 45mm will tuck almost 1/4" If you are wanting a deep lipped wheel. Look at the TSW Thruxton Its towards the bottom of the page. The Thruxton has a deep lip and you can't go wrong with a simple 5 spoke IMO.

As for tires. You are very limited in 19". Ideal for your car is a 225.40.19 or a 235.40.19. (supply and demand makes these expensive) If might actually be about the same price for a 20" wheel and tire package when its all said and done.

#8 · (Edited)
18x7.5 for 07 camry = 33mm to 52mm offset 33 will put you flush with the fenders and 52 is the max you can go without the wheel rubbing on suspension, brake or other components. (These ranges do not take into account how wide of a tire you choose)

33mm on a 7.5 will put you flush so your wheel would tuck a little over 1/2" from the outside fender with the 48mm offset. If you choose the 48mm run a 225.50.18 to fill the wheel well and to avoid any inner rubbing.

You can also run the 225.45.18 you are looking at it will be a hair shorter than the 225.50.18, If you have lowered the vehicle this would be a great size.

#10 ·
hi
if i get infiniti rims with a bigger hub centre, would i need hub rings now
5 x 114.3. 17 x 7.5/ 45 offset? for a 2007 camry hybrid
g35 sedan
thanks
dan

I show the sedan is a 17x7 5x114.3 45 offset. They should have a 66.1mm hub. You don't have to use hub rings but you should. Also pay attention to how the lugs seat on the wheel. Your stock camry lugs might or might not work, I would suggest buying new lugs that seat correctly. Do not use the Nissan lugs, they are a different thread pitch and will most likely cross thread your studs if you could even get them on there.

#11 ·
I am planning to order my rims this week but i need to make sure of something.

will 19x8 +36 offset fit my 07 Camry SE v6
or
should i get 19x8 +40 offset?

#14 ·
Hi, Got multiple q's

1.18x9?......too wide?
2.if so how about 18x8? what offset is"best" for futre lowering of around 1.5 inches?
35,42,or 48?
3.Tire profile....225/40/18 will it throw off the speedo/odometer reading drastically ?
1. Assuming you have an 07+ Camry 18x9's would be too wide.
2. The 18x8's are as wide as you want to go and with the future 1.5" drop go with a 42offset. 35mm offset will put you out 3mm past the fenders, and 48 is about 2 mm too much and might rub on your suspension or brakes.
3. 225.40.18 would look ridiculous on your Camry even with the drop. It's too small and would, like you said, throw off your Speedo. It would also through off your ABS if you have it. The best size would be the 225.45.18 and there are quite a bit of options in that size if you are looking for an economical tire. Here's a tire Calculator, put in your original tire size and then put in your future size and it will calculate your Speedo reading change.
Tire Calculator

#17 · (Edited)
1. Assuming you have an 07+ Camry 18x9's would be too wide.
2. The 18x8's are as wide as you want to go and with the future 1.5" drop go with a 42offset. 35mm offset will put you out 3mm past the fenders, and 48 is about 2 mm too much and might rub on your suspension or brakes.
3. 225.40.18 would look ridiculous on your Camry even with the drop. It's too small and would, like you said, throw off your Speedo. It would also through off your ABS if you have it. The best size would be the 225.45.18 and there are quite a bit of options in that size if you are looking for an economical tire. Here's a tire Calculator, put in your original tire size and then put in your future size and it will calculate your Speedo reading change.
Tire Calculator

will 45 offset for 18x8 work? since it's in between 48 and 42.....I'm now considering close to 2" drop...recommended tire size w/drop??

#18 ·
will 45 offset for 18x8 work? since it's in between 48 and 42.....I'm now considering close to 2" drop...recommended tire size w/drop??
I can give you every scenario in the book but really the 225.45.18 w/18x8 42offset would be the best with your drop.

With the 2" drop look at Falken tires, they tend to run narrower and will minimize any potential rubbing areas.

The 45mm might work too but need a test fit. 45mm is within the safe offset ranges for your vehicle but it is the very highest that you would want to do. You shouldn't have any issues with the wheel contacting anything. If your tire is too wide, it could rub the inside though. As long as you don't put a tire wider than 225 on there you should be fine but you need to test fit.

#21 · (Edited)
Did you get what you needed of did I confuse?

I have a 07 camry xle with the stock 16 wheels..
i found a set of 19x8.5 available with a 35 or 45 offset.
i was told to go with the 45 offset and 235/35/19 tires...
im also not going to drop it...,
would this wheel/tire combo cause any problems?

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
thanks in advance
You'll need to test fit. The 8.5 is a little wide for your Camry.

At stock height (no suspension mods), idealy you want a 19x8 with a 39-45mm offset W/ 225.40.19 or 235.40.19. (your 235.35.19 could also work but its a little short and your speedo will be off a few hairs, they are however much more affordable than either of the other two sizes generally speaking and will fit pretty nice if you plan on dropping your car since they are actually a little shorter than the stock tires.)

There is only 1/4" of play between 39-45mm and you are wanting to put 1/2" more rim and tire under there.... I would assume you are going to rub, both on the inside of your fender near your frame and outside of your fender when turning but only a test fit will tell for sure, your 235.35.19 is a good size to minimize the rubbing if you do attempt the 19x8.5's.

#20 ·
I have a 07 camry xle with the stock 16 wheels..
i found a set of 19x8.5 available with a 35 or 45 offset.
i was told to go with the 45 offset and 235/35/19 tires...
im also not going to drop it...,
would this wheel/tire combo cause any problems?

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
thanks in advance

#22 ·
thanks again...
i thought the 8.5 width might be a little wide but then again another fellow toyotanation member has mrr hr2's on his camry, which are 19's.. he said his tires are 235/35/19 with no problems at all... it would be difficult for me to get a test fit with the rims and tires.. guess i'll have to do more research...
so what would be the best fit tires for 18's or 19's on the camry?
i am on a toss between which size to go with....

#33 ·
FYI for the readers of this thread. Avholic is running a 19x8.5 with a 42 offset and a 235.40.19 tire. At stock height he has no rubbing even at full lock when turning right and left, that said if you choose to run an 8.5 wide wheel be choosy on the particular tire you run, some run wider than others and you really don't want to slap an extra wide 235, i.e. yokohama on there. If you are planning on dropping the car in the future, stick with the narrower 235's like the Falken 452 or run a 225 for a little stretched look but more clearance when you drop. When you shop for tires check out the manufactures sites and look at their actual tire widths to compare.
PM Avholic if you want some pics, or maybe he can post a link to them here for others with offset and tire questions on the 2007 Camry.

#35 ·
Travis, I changed my mind on wheel size...

It looks like i'm going to go with an 07 gs430 wheel
18x8 +45

I'm now trying to find the best tire size without a drop... it seems like my best opinions are:
225/45/18 (a bit small)
225/50/18
245/45/18 (too big??)

even with some weight in my car i dont want any chances of rubbing, what is your recommendation???
btw... i have an 07 xle so suspension is looser than se

#36 ·
245.45.18 are going to be a little big. I see you have 3 options.

225.45.18 (you are correct- a little short)
225.50.18 (very few options)
235.45.18 (also very few options)

If you can afford it, the Goodyear Eagle F1 AS is a great tire. They are made in the 225.50.18 and would fill the gap nicely, they would be a great tire for the roads your driving on for most of the year. Also consider the 235.45.18 size. I think Kuhmo used to make their SPT in that size, not sure if they still do, but they are a good All season performance tire that won't cost you a ton if you are looking to save a buck or two and you want a little wider footprint.

#37 ·
thank you for the very quick response...
the eagle f1 was actually what i was going to get, which ever tire size i picked...it seems like a very good tire

i looked into the kuhmo because of the 235/45 but the reviews didnt seem to be that great...

so if i picked 225/50 (like fellow TN member rocketace did) i wouldnt have any problems rubbing??

if the car is loaded with people or a good amount of luggage is in the car, since the sidewall is larger, would that cause problems???

#38 ·
The 225.50.18 is only .7" taller than the 215.60.16 stock tire size in overall diameter which means you will only be stuffing .35" more between the top of the tire and the fender. (this is because the tire mounts in the center) You should be fine, even loaded, if you bottom out with this set up and your stock suspension, you have too much weight in the car in the first place.
Here is a tire calculator for reference:
Tire Calculator

#39 ·
ive been using the tire calculator from 1010tire, but thanks for the link...

i guess im going to go with that size tire, since i dont really have any other options... my only problem with that size is, its not too wide but with the f1 tire i should alright.

thanks again for the speedy replies (im impressed) and for the help:clap: ill put up some pictures once i get them setup

#41 ·
Fishmag, No problem, Glad I can help, for sure post up some pics. The F1s are great tires you will be happy with them and the size will be great too.

avholic,

Awesome, great to hear. yet more proof that you choose the correct products for the job. That says a lot for the drop you used as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.