Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See pictures below for a better understanding, but the plastic piece that runs up the driver side of the windshield is now detached. Seems some sort of clip is came off or something.

I've got a 2002 Camry.

Ultimately trying to figure out what part I need to get this thing permanently reattached (I've tried all sorts of rigging to get it to stay, all to no avail).

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
If tabs are broken or worn, then just order the piece and replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If tabs are broken or worn, then just order the piece and replace.
I'm not sure the tabs themselves are broken...it seems more like there's some small piece(s) that connects that plastic piece to the metal frame.

And I'm not sure what any of these pieces may be called to even go find and order. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Theyre small metal retaining clips. Just take the peice in to your nearest dealer and tell them you need the clips that hold it to the body. They should have those in stock.

·
Is this real life?
167 Posts
The clips will hold onto the 2 tabs you can see on there. On some cars they come off when removing the a-pillar trim, and fall into the inside of the a-pillar, most likely where yours are now living. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
those metal pieces cost around 3 buck at the dealer. Mine all fall inside when trying to reinstalling the pillar.

When you buy new one. super glue the metal clip so it wont fall out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts