Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad wants to get a lexus, his thinking of getting a brand new ES300 04, or a used GS300? anyone got pics of a new ES? inside and out, lots of them. thanks. he saw one in a dealer that was $34,500 good price it was loaded without a navigation.?

·
Registered
56 Posts
supra06 said:
my dad wants to get a lexus, his thinking of getting a brand new ES300 04, or a used GS300? anyone got pics of a new ES? inside and out, lots of them. thanks. he saw one in a dealer that was $34,500 good price it was loaded without a navigation.?
The GS300 is what your dad should get. But for $34k, ask him to get the GS400. MORE POWER and the gas milege between the gs400 and gs300 is very close. The es330 is very much a camry w/ more options, etc. Tell him to test drive the ER330, GS300. and the GS400 and then he can decide. I'm very sure he'll get the gs400 instead.

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but a new GS would be out of his price range the ES fits perfectly in his range. is GS400 a V8 or V6?

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and also what do u guys use to get the shine out of ur tires? that really black shine look? and 1 more thing i washed my car and there is still few bugs left what can i use to get rid of all the bugs?
thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If he doesn't mind having rear-wheel drive (i'm not sure how winters are where you live) go with the GS. It has a more luxurious ride and more options as well as better handling. If he's willing to spend $35,000... he can get a 2002 GS430 for that much... A LOT more power.

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the way the gas prices are going i dont think my dad would want a V8, i would love that V8 power it would be better then my I4 92 camry:), i think my brothers 98 avalon has enough power and its only got under 200HP, the ES has 210HP.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The gs400 or gs430 are both V8. If he can't afford a new gs, then ask him to get a used one w/ low milage. These V8 engines are built really tough and have heard people that have over 300,000 miles on them and still pulling strong. I have 162,000 miles on my car (V8 also) and I can't even hear my engine when cruising. Gas milage on these cars aren't that bad. I get around 16-18 mpg in the city and 22-23mpg on the freeway. I'm also a college student w'o any help from my parents or anyone and I can still afford my car, so your dad should be able to afford the gs. Trust me, he'll like the gs more than the es.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can also always get the slightly used GS300. It has the inline-6 motor which has more HP and torque than the the V6 found in the ES. It'll have a tad bit stronger acceleration, and it'll still handle better as well as the fact its an actual luxury car vs the ES still being in that under $36,000 near luxury. I suggest you have him go test drive a GS, they are extremely smooth (not that the ES isn't either). Also, the 2JZ-GE I-6 in the GS has a VERY VERY SEXY purr.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Not to mention a huge aftermarket for that engine as well as the car:thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you get a GS get the 400/430.. dont bother for the 300.. you will be disappointed on the stock performance..

3600+lbs car(without driver/passengers) = 225 HP = SNAIL ...lolz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts