Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,
I will have to rebuild or replace my master cylinder. I have a few questions.
What is the size of the two ports where are the brake hoses connected to (non-ABS)?
I want to buy two fittings for bench bleeding. Is it M10x1.0 ??

other question:
For rebuild there is a rebuild kit of toyota 75 usd to 100 usd this is including the pistons. 04493-33050
or Ican buy only the rubber parts for usd 15.00. Only thing is where to find in US. Europe has a lot of options.

Or buy aftermarket for a good price.

I like to repair things and keep it as cheap as possible, but it must be safe.
What is the change it will work with the rubber parts only? Or is it maybe better to buy aftermarket. the repair kit from
toyota I find a little expensive.

thx

rgds,

EJV
Camry 1996 SXV10 2.2L
SXV10-AEPNKV

·
Registered
660 Posts
M10x1.0 inverted flare. If you buy polyarmor lines it's the PAJ numbers, 3/16".

To determine rebuild vs replace unfortunately you have to take it apart first and see if it's actually rebuildable.

Personally I would go for a quality reman just for the simplicity, but you'll find tons of opinions on that. When I do rebuild brake parts I get the OEM parts if available. I have also used aftermarket when required without issue. Sorry that's not more conclusive, you'll have to decide what's right for you.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,168 Posts
The rebuild kit from Toyota is super cheap and includes everything.

To determine if it is not rebuildable is also quite easy: use a circlip tool to remove the "C" clip and pull out the piston. If the bore is shiny and smooth, its rebuildable. If it is rusted/pitted/damaged, buy a replacement.

Odds are it'll be rebuildable.

Besides the rebuild kit, it is a good idea to also get a new pair of the special O-rings that seal the plastic reservoir to the master, and a tube of the red/pink rubber grease for lubricating the seals, from the dealer at the same time.

Norm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good day,

Thanks for your reply.
What do you call super cheap? And which partnumber? 04493-33050. I can only find around 80 dollars. I don't call this super cheap. A new aftermarket is around the same price or cheaper. The problem is that I am in Panama. A lot of toyota 's here but not a lot of Camry's, so most of the parts have to come from US. If master cilinder is not rebuildable, then I have to wait 2 weeks for a new one I am afraid. I guess this master cilinder is not used on other toyota' s like 4runner, hilux, corolla or tercel?

Thx!

EJV

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good day,

Can someone help me identify correct original part number of the master cylinder?
is it 4720133110 or 4720133030
NON-ABS, 4 disc brakes
1996 Camry SXV10 2.2L
model: SXV10L-AEPNKV
SXV10-0398515 Trim FM17

thx,

EJV

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,168 Posts
1994-96, non-ABS M/C: 47201-33110

(the 47201-33030 was the non-ABS M/C from '92~'93)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Other question. When i look for partnumber 4720133110, i see pictures with one connection on the side and one on the top rear of the cilinder.

But my car has two on the side:

And its original Aisin. Anyone knows difference and compatability? Or anyone knows where is aisin p/n stamped, so I can check? I did not mix ABS and non ABS versions.

Thx.

EJV

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,168 Posts
as far as compatibility, I guess it will depend on if you can bend the brake line to the different mounting point

How much you wanna bet the next generation was the same in all other ways but the outlet was moved, and someone is selling it for both generations as otherwise equivalent?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  1. Yes was thinking same about generations, but i was also thinking that maybe the previous owner installed one of a hilux or 4runner in the past because they are widely available here. The ones of the camry not. I guess it will remain a secret for now. Will check if there is room for brake line.....
Drawing shows port upwards, but is ABS version...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In all service documents i find, the port us upwards. Went back to car and checked brake line. Looks like it has been modified (bend) in the past. It dont believe the put brake line like this from factory, so close to the connector...

This is how the routing of the brake line should be according documentation:

Maybe someone can take a photo of his engine bay brake line piping and post it here? I'm quite sure I have a not original Camry brake master cylinder installed even though it is an Aisin one. So rebuild kit I definitely won't buy, because of risking ordering the wrong parts.
Does anybody know where is the Aisin Part number stamped? Maybe I can find out in what type/model it is used.

grtz,

EJV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts