Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bad experience last winter when the ice scrapper part of my snow brush made some scratches on my car. Luckily, they were not deep. In other words, you cannot feel them with your finger nail.

Anyway, just curious as to whether you have a snow brush you can recommend. It would be nice if it's long enough to cover at least half of the car roof before going over to the other side of the car.

Whether you like it or not, snow days are not far away from now.

·
Captain Camry
287 Posts
I lived in Maine until age 18 when I could afford my first Corolla and drove it to San Diego. I brought an ice scraper with me 'just in case'. That was 20 years ago and the ice scraper went into the garbage after about 3 months of living there. I cannot imagine putting my 'precious car' through the horrors of snow, sand, salt and ice each winter. I truly feel for the car enthusiast who lives in snow country.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For snow removal on our cars, I use a SNOWBRUM:

Cleans the car off a lot faster. The end is foam like a 'pool noodle' A brush is only really good for dry snow that tends to blow off as soon as you drive anyway. The foam has one edge that is kind of hard for light scraping.

If the windows have ice that need scraping, I use a separate plastic hand scraper that I drop into the side pocket of the door.

Dave.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,261 Posts
I use whatever I got from either Walmart, Target, or the auto parts store. No issues here.

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
1,904 Posts
I put an old bed sheet over the car. Hold the edges with a couple speaker magnets And just pull the whole thing off in the morning.

·
Photojournalist
2012 Camry LE
1,798 Posts
I only clean the windows with a brush or scraper.
If the snow is deep i o my brush off part of it. I never go down to the paint.
My constant acrylic sealing keeps it from sticking well

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you live anywhere that gets measurable snow you have to clean off the whole car.

I started using the snow broom last year and it's actually pretty great. I had my doubts, but it's wonderful. Takes all the snow off with ease. Roof, trunk, and hood too @sethr this way I'm not putting myself or anyone else in danger from creating a whiteout while driving down the streets - or having 8" of snow come crashing down on the windshield when I stop at a red light. The snow broom doesn't hurt your precious paint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts