Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Camry XLE
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi TYN! So i just ordered a set of four tokico struts and Eibach pro-kit springs ($530 shipped...) and it got me thinking that I also might want to mess with the sway bar(s), which leads to my question. Should i get both front and rear SB's or just one? ...and if only one should it be the rear? I was looking at whiteline. Any insight would be great! thanks!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'd start with this:

It's a BTR39, (rear sway bar) from... Whiteline.:) See if it makes the car handle the way you want it to, then maybe look into the front one from same. The rear bar will reduce understeer and keep the car alot more flat in cornering.

The front bar is a really stiff mother. The car will corner absolutely flat, but it will make the ride very firm in side-to-side bumps (left-right), road irregularities. This can make a car feel twitchy and unsettled on regular roads, but razor sharp on a race track.

The front bar will probably make the car corner even harder on a race track smooth surface, I don't know yet myself. Haven't tried my big front bar (BTF38) on yet on the Camry, or in any past FWD car.

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,472 Posts
The rear sway bar will most likely give the biggest benefit vs the front.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes start with rear sway bar , just check my post of cartang , there is a lot pictures of the suspension .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts