Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know you actually got to work on this car. For example CarPlayworks, but Remote Connect is disabled and I wasted several hours on it.
Let me know about other services like WiiFI etc. What works and what is just crap. My guess is there will not be 2022 Venza.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Boy you're not having much luck. Might be time for a visit to the Dealer and have them finish the set-up or sort you out. Here's one TSB that might be relevant: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10178536-9999.pdf
Several people on the Rav4 forums have had trouble too, but it's sporadic and probably Dealer related.

I only use CarPlay and Remote Connect now. I used the onboard WiFi for only a couple days but I turned it off because it wasn't any more useful than the data on my mobile and I don't have the need to "share" my WiFi with passengers (the free trial only lasted 3 months anyway, so I wasn't expecting to get used to it).

·
Registered
2021 Venza Limited
518 Posts
Here's a current thread on Entune in the current gen Highlander forum, apparently Entune App is no longer an option, you must use Toyota app to link services. I checked itunes app store for Entune on my iphone, doesn't exist, it still exists on Playstore for android, but when I tried to register my Venza HV on my old S7, Entune 3.0 didn't recognize the VIN, so Entune 3.0 app won't work with the Venza HV at all, last time I used the app was on my '16 Rav4 HV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's a current thread on Entune in the current gen Highlander forum, apparently Entune App is no longer an option, you must use Toyota app to link services. I checked itunes app store for Entune on my iphone, doesn't exist, it still exists on Playstore for android, but when I tried to register my Venza HV on my old S7, Entune 3.0 didn't recognize the VIN, so Entune 3.0 app won't work with the Venza HV at all, last time I used the app was on my '16 Rav4 HV.

I had tech support help me with an issue with multimedia. They also told me entune not available on the Venza and not needed. Said to use Toyota app.

·
Registered
'20 Highlander Platinum AWD
31 Posts
I recently bought a '21 Highlander and can confirm that the Entune App Suite is disabled. It's been phased out for '21 vehicles.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,291 Posts
Entune 3.0 app was merged into the Toyota app. You just need the Toyota App now. It was phased out for all vehicles that have the entune 3.0 software which is all new generation vehicles starting with the 2018+ camry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts