Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SR20DET + 92 pickup = ?
92 toyota pickup
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 pickup 5spd reg cab short bed and im trying to figure out the best way to lower it and gain better handling and a more smooth ride. any input?

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
black93DX said:
lowering???:eek:
lol sorry 4x4 guys im into the lowrider thing too. id either use drop spindles in the front if you can find them or rekey the tortion bars . in the rear you can use blocks or lowering leaf springs. im not sure of a complete "kit" but im sure you can find the parts you need online look for belltech they make good componets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Belltech has drop spindles & lowering blocks. As for shocks, a lot of guys on CustomTacos are happy with KYB Monomax as they work well for stock or lowered pickups.

I plan on lowering my 84 pickup by turning down the front torsion bars with lowering blocks. I'll upgrade my shocks when my stockers blow. :D

Good luck!

PS: You should look into a 7MGTE instead of a SR20DET simply because it's an easier swap. For this, checkout Supracharged forum. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I lowered my 82 Toyota with lowering blocks in the rear and turned down the torsions in the rear. The only complaint I have is the front suspension really sags into the corners now. Not exactly "better handling". If anyone has any suggestions on that subject. Let me know

- Speshal K

·
Registered
47 Posts
Drop spindles provide proper suspension geometry compared to turned down torsion bars. This is the correct way to lowering while improving handling but will cost in the neighbourhood of $200-300USD. I'm not ready to lay down that much for my rig yet. Belltech may have what you're looking for. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts