Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Insert Custom User Title
Camry
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up till a couple of days ago, my car was doing fine, but now I've been hearing a clicking sound when I accelerate or brake quickly. I'm thinking that it is part of the suspension but I'm unsure. Anyone got any ideas about what I should check.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
how about when you turn? check to see if your cv boots are leaking

·
Registered
1 Posts
Few months ago I began to hear this George Jetson hoovercraft sound from the Camry. It will only sound if it's accelerating or decelerating, and never when the wheel speed is "neutral" relative to the car speed.

I had it diagnosed at a local Toyota Stealer and they've diagnosed it as worn bearing in the auto trans. But get this -- to fix it, the whole auto trans needs to be replaced! About $3500 for the trans (no labor was calculated)!! Whoa! I thought it was odd that you can't replace the bearing independent of the transmission...

I'm the first owner of this Camry and it has around 90,000mi on it. I'm thinking of driving it until it breaks down.

Could someone tell me whether it's possible to replace the bearing instead of the whole trans?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
that's crazy a tranny for your car doesn't even cost 3500$. i say you take it to a place you trust to get a good diagonis. could be your wheel bearing.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Virtual Bob, just to get your tran in and out, labor will scare the heck outta ya. Will cost more than a rebuilt tran even.

edited for reply to BigPete:

It sounds like CV joints, you can get them done for $200 including parts. (Been quoted higher and lower).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts