Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay okay I know its really early to be talking about this but one cant be too prepared right.......Winter is appraoching I just want to know whos running what winter tires on what car.......what do you guys think the best winter tire out there is.
I need some good tread for my 89 corolla GTS.

Last two winters I ran 13" michelin Artic alpin's on my 89 4wd corolla wagon and they were awsome!! so I told my parents to buy them...(my mom..95 rolla wagon..fw...my dad...03 rolla S)
Drove them both in the winter and those tires sucked!!! must just have been cause I have 4wd that they were god.

So what do you guys think...whats a rippin winter tire that'll stick to the ice and plow through the snow!! :D

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too soft...sticky but they wear out way too soon. I really want something like they use in the rallies.
But I dont have that kind of money. :(

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
I had blizzaks but won't get them again because the first 50% is a soft winter compound while the last 50% is all season. :thumbdown

Last winter, my dad got a set of Toyo G02s on his Gen5. He loved them. Not to noisy or sloppy in terms of handling.

This winter, I've got a set of Nokian Hakka 4s lined up for my bros Gen4.5. I'll report back with impressions. I'm sure they won't dissappoint.

When picking snow tires, get one that best suits your terrain. Not all winter tires are the same. Some are better in snow while others do well in icy conditions. Also, mount them on a set a steelies whenever possible. It'll pay off in the long run.

·
Did somebody say "Nachos"
1992 Toyota Camry
550 Posts
BFGoodrich Winter Slaloms were my choice.

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanks for the reply guys I'll check these tires out.
SnowWhite what pirelli are you using & how many Seasons?

I live in Northern BC where we get lots of snow....and bad ice...so with the way Im driving my corolla GTS these days I needa tire that'll hold the road. :lol:

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Snip3r said:
Cool thanks for the reply guys I'll check these tires out.
SnowWhite what pirelli are you using & how many Seasons?
I can't remember if they were Pirelli Winter 240 or 210... I've used them for 2 winters already. I still slip and slide everywhere and my traction control is on almost constantly when there is snow on the roads... So after this year I'll probably opt for something better.

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Because I don't have any money left for a winter beater.... plus I'll miss it too much if I had to store it away...

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Looks like I'll still be chauffering him this winter too.... if only I could get him to sell his MR2... and get a good reliable economy car :p:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Snow White IS said:
Looks like I'll still be chauffering him this winter too.... if only I could get him to sell his MR2... and get a good reliable economy car :p:
That's as likely to happen as Q wearing spandex and taking Yoga...okay maybe just the Yoga part :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts