1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i'll be leaving for home in abt a weeks time,

what shd i do to my baby, for i'll be leaving her alone for about 3 months or so,

i'll be giving her a wash and wax before i leave, and covering her with a cover...

anything else i shd do to the batt or something

thanx guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure about the battery or oil or anything, but i know it wouldn't be a bad idea to put her up on some jacks, if you leave a car parked in the same spot for a long time, it makes the bottom of its tires flat and can ruin them, its best to jack it up so the tires are off the ground.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i would pull off the batter terminals to preserve battery..but since u live in a warm climate...keeping the battery in shouldn't drain it...i'd advise againest the car cover unless its a good one that is breathable...any moisture that traps underneath the cover will do serious damage to ur paint job.....

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woah....

didn't know all those... thanx guys.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any way yo can leave a key with some one and have them start it evry so often?

see things inside your mottor will start to rust if u dont run it now and then. and as such its always best to get some one to run the car evry now and then.

look for guides on storing car's BC theres ways to prevent stuff like that.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
1.fuel stabilizer
2.disconnect battery cables
3.raise the car a bit to relieave stress on the tires
4.make sure the sprinklers can't hit your car(otherwise it will discolor your paint)
5.a statue of an owl so no birds poop on your car;) (it workes for me)

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh... fuel stabilizer... will i still need that if my frd starts it up and let's it run for like 3 -5 mins like twice a week?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts