Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 96 cam I4 and i'm lookin into gettin a decent set of rims for this spring. I've never put new rims on a car before so i dont really know what to do exactly.

What i've decided on so far is i want black 17's and would like to get tires on at the same time. I would also like to lower it at the same time too so it comes out nice all at once.

But what should i be looking into/thinking about buyin?

i've searched ebay and found some rims for under 600 w/ shipping and tires. they are VRD wheels. I've never heard of them and can't quite find a review for them. any input?

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
+40 offset 7" wide are gonna fit great. the only other thing youll be after is you may want to go to a car place to fit them so they can supply centering hubs as well.

black wheels look tough on camrys any color.. gives you the 'tuned' look... you look faster then you go... thats right.. rice =)

as for wheel nuts, looks like standard acrons will fit (steel wheel nuts) but thatll look ugly.. go buy some chrome ones =) (about $50, get security ones too while ya at it)

plenty of spring options... read the FAQ.

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked out the FAQ but i dont really know what will make it look the best and ride smooth. I dont want to be really low to the ground, i just am tryin to figure out what will fill the wells and ride decently.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Ya know, I would do a little research to see what kind of tires come with. It's all great to look good, but a crappy rubber set is an invite to many shit situations. Ask them about upgrading to Falkens or something.

With 40 - R17 you will see a lot of open space unless you slam the ride. You do your wheel calcs on what would be the correct rolling diameter? http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

nag, nag, nag. Best of luck

·
Registered
785 Posts
those guys on ebay dont have very good seller feedback, especially since you're shipping something thats over 100-200lbs....

if you do buy off ebay, be sure the sellers % is above 98%. or take a chance with his 93%

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I looked thru their feedback.

Most of its good. But when its bad, its really bad.

"very disappointed with service. took over a month. no help from seller."
"SENT WRONG COLOR RIMS REFUSED TO SEND ME NEW RIMS.YOU SUCK"
"DAMAGED ITEM THROUGH SHIPPING, AND HARRASSED ABOUT PAYMENT AFTER PAID"
"SENT WRONG MUFFLER, PROMISED PARTIAL REFUND BUT NEVER RECEIVED, HOLLA BACK"
"fit like crap had to hound them everyday to ship never do bussiness again"

Also w/ 10,000 Transactions. Only getting 93% is pretty bad.

Its your decision whether or not.
The ones i posted were the negative feedbacks.
The good ones are about the service and how much they loved the product.

It seems to me that they do ok buisness but when they make a mistake, they won't admit wrong doing.

P.S. Please use the
button.

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess this is part of why i posted. i didn't think to check their feedback for some reason.

I just found them on ebay and thought they looked pretty nice and were cheap.

basically i guess i've decided i should go talk to some wheel shops and see what they suggest.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
spydrvnm said:
i guess this is part of why i posted. i didn't think to check their feedback for some reason.

I just found them on ebay and thought they looked pretty nice and were cheap.

basically i guess i've decided i should go talk to some wheel shops and see what they suggest.
How much are you willing to spend?
And are you lookin to get it from ebay or an internet site?

Check out tirerack.com, or wheelsmax.com. They have some low prices.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Never skimp on the tires -- theyre the only thing making contact with the road :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts