Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Highlander Sport with OEM sensors. About to get new tires, and was thinking on refreshing all 5 tires with new sensors... Since people say the average life is about 7yrs, therefore i am overdue.... Sooooooo, with that said. The newer OEM part number is 42607-33012. Made by Pacific Industrial Co. (Japan)

The cost of these are about 70 each, net to $ 350 overall. The issue is that I saw some sensors supposedly new sensors on ebay Generic Toyota part # 42607-33021 that they say it fits and works with our HL being part# PMV-107J.
Heres the link:

You guys think this will work ? And if made by toyota , why such a big difference.in price ??
Any help, input, will be appreciated it !
Are these original toyota ??.. mmmmm will they last ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Denso makes the Toyota sensors. Amazon has the Denso TPMS for half the price of what you say Toyota wants them for. I changed one of my dead one out with this Denso TPMS. Do note that it is a bit of a pain to delete and then add a new TPMS to replace the old one for Toyota. Need a Techstream hookup to do it.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I have a TPMS sensor that is bad, which is keeping my TPMS light on all the time. For that much money, though, I stick to monitoring my tires the old-fashioned way by using my Mark One eyeball and a pressure gauge.

·
5,896 Posts
My commuter, being 98 Ford, has crap:poop: for technology.
But, it has those now - and they work
:ROFLMAO::geek:
MOF, for less than $300, I have hands free, SXM, CAI, 4 USB ports plus one in headunit, BT streaming, dashcam, gate opener control. All I need is backup cam, as The Whale is hard to figure where the VAST trunk ends and wall starts and I'll be pretty much up to date on conveniences.

·
6,337 Posts
I have a TPMS sensor that is bad, which is keeping my TPMS light on all the time. For that much money, though, I stick to monitoring my tires the old-fashioned way by using my Mark One eyeball and a pressure gauge.
I found a brand new Denso OEM sensor for like $25 bucks for the video I made above...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
funman1
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing