Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 RAV4 with 35K. The service manual states to change plugs at 120K!? Am I misinterpreting since the Toy maintenance manual combines many vehicles schedules? Sure seems like an extreme interval.

· Offical nut
112 Posts
since the inception of fuel injection, with proper maintainence the plugs should last 100K. I'd recommend cleaning and regaping every now and again 20K miles but shouldn't go bad unless of course your stoppin on the gas costitely, extending your oil changes to the max and buyin cheap fuel, by cheap I don't mean low octain, I'm talkin cheveron/mobil as aposed to cut rate fuels, 120K would be pushin it under perfect condidtions. When plugs go bad it is an indication that something else is wrong i.e.Your timing is off, air fuel mix is rich or lean, even premature ring and piston wear would affect the plugs. At 35K you could entertain the idea of looking at them. I wouldn't even worry about it till 70K
probably change them at 100K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.