Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cumberland Reprezent'
46 Posts
To me, Eibach is the way to go. Easy to deal with warranty if something occurs, and most likely cheaper than TRD. I recommend Eibach to everyone, Never had a problem with them and they are nicely progressive springs.

If you want to lower 1inch, The Eibach Pro-Kit is for you. More street/performance than the sportline.

I have the sportline, and I couldnt ask for better. I ditched my Suspension Techniques springs.

·
Cumberland Reprezent'
46 Posts
With a 1inch drop, no. But, putting better, aftermarket struts will only help improve your handling even more.

What you need to do though, is re-align your front end. Get an aligment, its cheap, and saves your tires and makes the car drive well.

Might need a Camber kit, but, with a 1inch drop, they will probably be able to align your car with the stock adjusters.

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
The Tien S-Techs look sweet on a 9th gen corolla. They drop it about 2", and the stock wheels fit perfectly in the wheel well.

Remember our cars don't need a camber kit, just an alignment (even with a 2" drop). Good luck!

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
I had H&R springs on my 98 Civic EX, and they were really nice.

The reason to go with the Tien S-techs is the 2" drop. Our cars (XRS) are already almost an inch lower from teh factory, so springs with a 1.5" drop on a normal corolla are only going to drop your car 1/2-1" total, which will hardly be noticed.

The S-techs handle great and look perfect.

For more info on a 9th gen corolla, why not go to 9th gen corolla .com, without the spaces?

·
corolla xrs
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do post in 9th gen and think I have seen you there to. I still like to visit this site.

I have seen pics of rollas with s-tech and I think it looks really nice. But its not for me, I just need about an inch lower and better handling. Plus I am a real aggressive driver and I am afraid I might scrape all kinds.

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
Over at 9thgen, there is a sticky with pics of every available spring drop, so you can see exactly what you are looking for.

·
9THGEN GURU
2005 Corolla XRS
80 Posts
I had H&R sports on my 95rolla and I have nothing but good things to say, but for your XRS I highly recommend Progress lowering springs and rear Swar Bar, it's about the same drop as S-Tech's but with better spring rates. and I know where you can get the best price in town...........PM

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,675 Posts
Wiseco said:
To me, Eibach is the way to go. Easy to deal with warranty if something occurs, and most likely cheaper than TRD. I recommend Eibach to everyone, Never had a problem with them and they are nicely progressive springs.

If you want to lower 1inch, The Eibach Pro-Kit is for you. More street/performance than the sportline.

I have the sportline, and I couldnt ask for better. I ditched my Suspension Techniques springs.
Eibach makes TRD springs.. and I believe they're the same price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.