Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sold on getting a Weber for my 4-AF from viewing other peoples success with them and in a search for more power for my car.

I've been browsing conversion kits on sites trying to find one for the 4-AF, but I'm pretty sure they don't make one specifically for it.

My question is, are there any kits out there that do work on the 4-AF with no adapter plate modification or anything? I'm hoping there is, because I've seen a few people on here that have pretty much just bolted them on.

Where can I order one of the kits I need online?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: The 4-AC kits match the 4-AF. Thanks, eage8!

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a custom intake manifold and twin DCOE's:cool:
That would be nice, unfortunately I don't have the cash to go about getting one machined + an extra carb :(

This is my daily driver, and I don't have a spare carb gasket handy...so I don't want to go ripping the carb out to measure quite yet. Anyone know what kit/adapter plate matches the 4AF?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Shouldnt actually cost _THAT_ much :D

As for the adapter plate.. hmmh, might have to have one made tho.

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You dont need a mill to make a carb manifold.. just a torch or plasmacutter and a welder :)
Okay, in my hasty typing I neglected to think of that. Yeah, you probably wouldn't need a full on machine shop...though if you're going to go making a custom performance oriented dual carb intake I would think you would want the use of a flowbench and the benefit of CNC vs. homebrew chop n' weld methods anyways...no? :p

I'm sure the chop n' weld would be better than the stock though anyways. haha.

Unfortunately, I don't have a welding machine, let alone a plasma cutter yet.

If I ever decide to go dual, I would probably swap out the 4-AF for another motor anyways.

I want performance out of my crappy economy engine, but I don't have the cash to break the bank at the moment (though I'd love to :rolleyes:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts