Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, the tC is a hot car, but they need to doing something about the steering wheel and seating profile.

What I mean is even with the seat already lowerd and the steering wheel already rised to the top. Now I'm not fat at all and only 5'8 in heght, and I still found my legs either rubbing or bumping the steering wheel. I wll admit I really didn't play with the seating and steering wheel arrangement much cause I was on a tight schedule.

So unless I can fir in there without worrying about my legs bumping/rubbing the steering wheel.

This is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont consider the tC a chick car at all. If the supercharged version runs mid 14's, and the suspension options make a BIG difference, then the Scion tC S/C would be my next daily driver...

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
the breaker for me would be how many of them i see driving around but i wouldn't buy one to begin with due to the fact that i like alot of space.i'm 6'1" at 195lbs i need room to streetch out and what not .

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
So unless I can fir in there without worrying about my legs bumping/rubbing the steering wheel.

This is a deal breaker for me.
:werd:

I'm about 6'1", and i NEED a car with descent legroom. The tc is pretty sweet, but cause of the legroom, it'd be damn annoying. Funny thing is, my dad's Infiniti I35 has a smidge more than the tc. It's annoying to have to swing my legs down AND under the steering wheel to get in without dragging the carpet....

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
i know how you guys feel, well i'm not 6 feet + tall or the high 5'10+ and so on... just in the 5 7"ish... already when i sat in the later civic, the steering wheel didn't come all the way up i was like what the heck? is it defective? then i realized i'm still growing:p: just kidding. but really the tC is nice but haven't sat inside yet so i haven't know about it yet.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
kman10587 said:
If they made it rear-wheel-drive, it would not only usurp the Celica, but quite possibly the Lexus IS 300 as well :p
Well the Lexus is more upscale and is about to get more hp anyway so they should still do it. I hate that I have to pay so much money to buy something sporty that is rwd nowadays.:thumbdown

Ford has the right idea by offerign cheap rwd performance that is not a small feminine looking roadster like their mustang GT. I wish Japanese companies would start doing the same.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am 6'3 and about 215 pounds. The room inside was a big deciding factor for me when people first started reporting that it was small inside. I test drove it a few times and found the room inside to be enough, and considering everything this car offers I was willing to sacrifice a little space.

I picked up the tC last Thursday (loved every second I have had the car btw) and have since played with the seating settings. I have found that I have a huge amount of room, I feel small inside of this car now. I have reclined the seat back 3-4 notches, even though I normally would not recline the seat back so far in most cars, I found it to be very comfortable. I did not feel distanced from the stearing wheel or the controls. I think the tC was designed this way. In fact with the seat reclined I even keep it raised up a few notches, and not slide all the way back like I did when I test drove it. Driving it now I have a good four fingers worth of head room left, and the cabin feels much, much larger. I even feel like I have more room then in my old Camry. I even feel like I have more leg room, the foot well must be bigger. I would often stumble over my own size 14 feet in my automatic Camry, but I have found plenty of room to work the five speed in the tC. I may just be crazy, but If you are seriously looking to buy this car take a few mins to adjust the seat and see how much room you can get out of it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The deal maker for me depends on two issues.....

First, the supercharger. I won't buy a Tc until the S/C is out.

Second, is the relability. I won't buy the Tc unless Consumer Reports gives it a postive reliability rating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
haa21 said:
The deal maker for me depends on two issues.....

First, the supercharger. I won't buy a Tc until the S/C is out.

Second, is the relability. I won't buy the Tc unless Consumer Reports gives it a postive reliability rating.
I agree, let's see what the S/C'ed version ends up with perf-wise - ie: coilovers, big brakes, nice intake, exhaust and maybe some chip/eec options, maybe a nice conservative wing, etc... And the price, how much higher will it be? I would guess 22-24K with the options I would want. And reliabilty? I mean hey it's a Toyota right? Consumer Reports loves anything Toyota......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with the post that it has good room. I'm 6'1, 185 lbs. Tilt the seat back a few notches (arms out driving) & the room is fine! Been driving it very hard since Sunday when I bought it & it's GREAT!. 1st fill up was almost 29 mpg with the AC on the whole time over fast (curvey)roads. I took a coworker out & he's three inchs taller & he's ready to buy one now too!:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by Newbergdave Been driving it very hard since Sunday when I bought it & it's GREAT!. 1st fill up was almost 29 mpg with the AC on the whole time over fast (curvey)roads. I took a coworker out & he's three inchs taller & he's ready to buy one now too!:cool: [/B]
driving a brand new car very hard.... sounds like a great plan, keep up the good work:ughcool:

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not trying to insult the tall ppl but most you tall guys usually have skinny lanky legs.... Me myself I have thick thighs from power lifting along with wrestling and trck & field so for me I have a problem with the wheel/seat arrangement.. It does not allow for me to have ample room for my tree-trunk thighs without rubbing. And like I said if I had more time to play with it, then maybe I can find the right arrangement, but as of right now, this is what breaks it for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
I'm not trying to insult the tall ppl but most you tall guys usually have skinny lanky legs.... Me myself I have thick thighs from power lifting along with wrestling and trck & field so for me I have a problem with the wheel/seat arrangement.. It does not allow for me to have ample room for my tree-trunk thighs without rubbing. And like I said if I had more time to play with it, then maybe I can find the right arrangement, but as of right now, this is what breaks it for me.
I havent had a problem yet with it, I never even really paid attention to the legroom that much cause it seemed to be fine. I am 215 pounds, and run atleast 10 miles a week. My legs are pretty well built up. I have not had any problem to date, But all people are built differently. I guess if you cannot get the car adjusted comfortably then it could be a deal breaker, I have found this car to be very forgiving inside if adjusted right however.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am 5'10 and 225 pounds and I can fit into my scion seat no problem, there is a handle on the side that is hydraulic and has to be pumped either up or down, when I pump it up the whole way my head is out of the sunroof, when its down the whole way I have about half a foot of headroom, its a pretty wide range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts