·
Registered
2020 Highlander Limited, Moondust / Graphite, RAV4
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm still getting use to this as opposed to an Avalon, I'd like to see:

• Passenger seat with more options
  • Softer Seats
  • Computer to NAV ability. Planning trips on desktop computer, and then be able to send routes to NAV. Hell I'd settle for putting on a Thumb drive, and plugging into the car to transfer route.
  • Passenger area in front is way less than the Avalon, my wife misses that
  • Put the Qi charger in front dash pocket where the hole is to pass a cable through to charge a phone. It's right there, it won't take up an extra room, and it will give folks full - easy access to the center console.
  • Rear tailgate opens as you get closer (as long as you have the key on you). This kicking under the rear bumper sucks. You look like an idiot and I can never hit the spot. I'm always pushing the button anyways.
  • A bit stronger heating for front seats
That's it for now, until someone isles list has all the things Im not thinking about (Easy things)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Packaging in Canada is total garbage compared to the US. So for 2021, Toyota Cnad needs to package it better. Limited should be available with the same USA options.

Only the Platinum is available with 12" screen, 360 cameras and captains chairs.

The limited trim in Canada is only bench seating, only 8" screen and no 360 cameras like US gets. Total BS.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There we go. A few more things come to mind.

- FULL view NAV on 12.3 screen. if that would have been the way it was, I would have gotten that option or maybe jumped to a Platinum. Yeah, I like to auto wipers and heads up as well.

Not sure on the 360 cameras. Never gave much thought about that feature

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
90 Posts
Bench optional on Platinum trims.
Bench option with heated/cooling.
USB charging ports in 3rd row.
Electronic 3rd row seat lowering and upright option.
Cigarette port in the cargo area for plugging things in.
Dimming side mirrors.
Folding mirrors.
Tilting mirrors when in reverse.
Cargo weather mat included with front, middle and 3rd row. Right now you have to pay extra for it.
12.3" screen NAVi have full screen access.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bench optional on Platinum trims.
Bench option with heated/cooling.
USB charging ports in 3rd row.
Electronic 3rd row seat lowering and upright option.
Cigarette port in the cargo area for plugging things in.
Dimming side mirrors.
Folding mirrors.
Cargo weather mat included with front, middle and 3rd row. Right now you have to pay extra for it.
12.3" screen NAVi have full screen access.
When I emailed Toyota about this they said long story short since Canada's population is 1/10 of the USA, we get less options. Toyota Canada has no choice but to package it the way they did. Toyota Canada screwed it up royally.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid Limited AWD (Blueprint)
38 Posts
The Canadian Limited version ticks most of the desirable boxes for me: 8" screen (12.3" is neutered due to 2/3 screen usability for each function), 2nd row bench and panoramic moonroof. As a bonus, the cargo liner, roof rack crossbars, wheel locks and rustproofing came pre-installed on the vehicle. The dealer forgot to factor this in after all the negotiations were concluded.

What I would like to see:
  1. 6-way power passenger side front seat
  2. folding mirrors
  3. wider driver side door armrest
  4. push button second row seat release to access 3rd row
  5. heating on outboard 2nd row bench seats
  6. caramel coloured seats in this edition
  7. thicker roller shade for the panoramic moonroof

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Canadian Limited version ticks most of the desirable boxes for me: 8" screen (12.3" is neutered due to 2/3 screen usability for each function), 2nd row bench and panoramic moonroof. As a bonus, the cargo liner, roof rack crossbars and rustproofing came pre-installed in the vehicle. The dealer forgot to factor this in after all the negotiations were concluded.

2. folding mirrors
You know I am tall guy, 6'7" tall. I never use the arm rest, instead I use the window ledge.

So I don't know what you shorter folks are complaining about the arm rest? :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I emailed Toyota about this they said long story short since Canada's population is 1/10 of the USA, we get less options. Toyota Canada has no choice but to package it the way they did. Toyota Canada screwed it up royally.
What does the US get that Canada doesn't?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You know I am tall guy, 6'7" tall. I never use the arm rest, instead I use the window ledge.

So I don't know what you shorter folks are complaining about the arm rest? :p
Ever think that maybe you're the exception to the rule? :whistle:

·
Registered
202 Posts
What does the US get that Canada doesn't?
As far as I know nothing is different equip wise (i could be wrong). It is the way Canada packaged it for us.

For example. In the USA, you can get a limited trim level with 7 or 8 seats, 8" or 12" screen, 360 cameras or no 360 cameras. That is the biggest difference.

Mainly they only allow captains chairs for the platinum in canada. huge oversight on toyota canada's part imho. 3rd gen highlanders could be had with captains chairs in lower trims.

So for my, the limited trim with captains chairs, 12" screen and 360 cameras would have been my choice. instead I am forced to get platinum. 1st world problems.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Canadian Limited version ticks most of the desirable boxes for me: 8" screen (12.3" is neutered due to 2/3 screen usability for each function), 2nd row bench and panoramic moonroof. As a bonus, the cargo liner, roof rack crossbars and rustproofing came pre-installed in the vehicle. The dealer forgot to factor this in after all the negotiations were concluded.

2. folding mirrors

Yes to:

#1, 3 and 5 for sure

·
Registered
38 Posts
As far as I know nothing is different equip wise (i could be wrong). It is the way Canada packaged it for us.

For example. In the USA, you can get a limited trim level with 7 or 8 seats, 8" or 12" screen, 360 cameras or no 360 cameras. That is the biggest difference.

Mainly they only allow captains chairs for the platinum in canada. huge oversight on toyota canada's part imho. 3rd gen highlanders could be had with captains chairs in lower trims.

So for my, the limited trim with captains chairs, 12" screen and 360 cameras would have been my choice. instead I am forced to get platinum. 1st world problems.
The third row seating is virtually useless imo, so you are basically stuck with a 4-seater if you're choose the Platinum edition. Also, the 12.3" screen does not add much functionally in terms of surface coverage by application. These reasons are precisely why I went with the Limited edition.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The third row seating is virtually useless imo, so you are basically stuck with a 4-seater if you're choose the Platinum edition. Also, the 12.3" screen does not add much functionally in terms of surface coverage by application. These reasons are precisely why I went with the Limited edition.
I have 2 car seats. the captains work better for me with the pass through as we cannot move the seats forward enough while 2 car seats are in the bench for any1 to slip into the 3rd row.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have this in my 2020 Limited so I assume you should have it in your Platinum. You can adjust your mirrors when in reverse and then make sure you leave the dial switched to R or L and not in the middle to activate it every time in reverse.

Edit: Just saw you're from Canada. I don't know if those have them but in the US, it does.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,707 Posts
While I'm still getting use to this as opposed to an Avalon, I'd like to see:

• Rear tailgate opens as you get closer (as long as you have the key on you). This kicking under the rear bumper sucks. You look like an idiot and I can never hit the spot. I'm always pushing the button anyways
That's it for now, until someone isles list has all the things Im not thinking about (Easy things)
No.. I can see a lot of problems and safety issues with this. That's why no manufacture does it. Maybe make the kicking sensor better or a bigger range to detect your foot to fix that problem. What if you are just going around your car to get to the other side, and the trunk opens when you pass by it? Or if somsone is passing by your car and you are getting closer and the door opens and hits the person? nah.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have this in my 2020 Limited so I assume you should have it in your Platinum. You can adjust your mirrors when in reverse and then make sure you leave the dial switched to R or L and not in the middle to activate it every time in reverse.

Edit: Just saw you're from Canada. I don't know if those have them but in the US, it does.
Only available as part of the Platinum package in Canada.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought of a few more things.

Instead of feeling cheated by Toyota Canada would see to see a comparison against the US version before making my decision to buy a Platinum or any other model since the vehicles are made in the same factory.

LED projector headlights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System on the Canadian vehicles.
Really any and all safety systems that aren't in the Canadian vehicle line up that are in the US ones need to come over.

I feel so cheated now, that my Toyota experience is tarnished.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought of a few more things.

Instead of feeling cheated by Toyota Canada would see to see a comparison against the US version before making my decision to buy a Platinum or any other model since the vehicles are made in the same factory.

LED projector headlights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System on the Canadian vehicles.
Really any and all safety systems that aren't in the Canadian vehicle line up that are in the US ones need to come over.

I feel so cheated now, that my Toyota experience is tarnished.
I know but it's best just to move on. There will always be differences, but for the most part, the U.S. and Canadian versions are very similarly equipped for the Platinum trim. The LED projector headlights are plenty bright that you would be hard pressed to really notice the benefits of the "Adaptive Front-Lighting System" unless you frequently drive on winding, twisty roads.

Happy to be Canadian.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts