Toyota Nation Forum banner

what year camry's come with what engines? and what uses more 3sgte parts?

895 1
I am kinda new to camry's, but not toyota's, the 2nd gen which is 88? to 92? have the 3sfe? and the 3rd gen 93-96? come with 5sfe? I have an mr2 with 3sgte, i was wondering which one is more compatible with 3sgte parts since i have alot to spare, the 3sfe or 5sfe? i would like to build the motor without too much money into it for now, so whichever one i could use more of the parts i have, i have an extra 3sgte head, ex mani, turbo, oil &coolant lines, dp, pistons, block, rods, pretty much all of the main parts, im not looking for anything ridiculous out of it, but i want to make it run pretty decent:D sorry for the rookie post, i tried searching but didnt come up with much, thanks for the info. Justin
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Grenaded piston
8,546 Posts
TRDriver said:
the 2nd gen which is 88? to 92? have the 3sfe? and the 3rd gen 93-96? come with 5sfe?
2nd gen = 87 - 91
I4 = 3S-FE
V6 = 2VZ-FE

3rd gen = 92 - 96
I4 = 5S-FE
V6 = 3VZ-FE (92 - 93), 1MZ-FE (94 - 96)

I have an mr2 with 3sgte, i was wondering which one is more compatible with 3sgte parts since i have alot to spare, the 3sfe or 5sfe?
3S-FE is more compatible. It shares the same block with the 3S-GTE, but has different internals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.